1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

More time on eBay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ascu75, Aug 4, 2020.

1. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Not feeling so great so spending most of my days in bed and when in bed I have been on eBay looking at film cameras for sale. Today I have managed to get 32 pages into 35ml cameras. I look mainly for rangefinder models of the fifties and sixties. I am still on a buying ban but there is no harm in looking and it is surprising how many cameras I never knew about. Manufacturers that have bit the dust even before digital had become the norm. Now with everyone sporting a camera on their phone it’s hard to believe that ‘proper’ cameras are still here. Don’t shout about phone cameras not being proper I am just coining a phrase not being derogatory. But if the recent past is anything to go by we don’t have that many camera manufacturers to cull so maybe the phone manufacturers are the ones to disappear? . One thought that came to me today was rangefinders like Leicas have never gone away yet digital mirrorless cameras are ugly by comparison. Why can’t some of the mirrorless models become things of beauty? Now you can shout at me :rolleyes:

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

It’s modern, mirrorless, and a thing of beauty

57BB24A9-6581-45FE-9627-D637CC040B65.jpeg

3. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Yep I agree but some are awful

4. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Here is some thing that’s not a beauty but not the worst by any standard F5BDF597-C517-4C10-8BF4-3DF8AAB0FA09.jpeg

5. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

That's just a quote made up by ugly people :)

ascu75, WillieJ and dream_police like this.