1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moody Buachaille reworked.

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Helander, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Helander

Helander Well-Known Member

Some might remember a picture similar to this I took 2 years ago (has it been that long).
    In total I took 7 or 8 frames as this big sky travelled overhead, around the mountain then down the glen. The first few frames were taken with more foreground and less sky and the ones I chose to process at the time ignoring the latter frames which had more sky and less foreground.
    Today I though it an interesting exercise to process the big sky versions as a comparison to the earlier frames.
    Comparing the version processed 2 years ago to this version makes me cringe, over saturated, colour balance off, white balance way off the mark yet it has been very good to me.
    I'd be interested to know your opinion on this version.

[​IMG]Moody Buachaille II by Roksoff, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

2. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

all of yours have been excellent.

this one is even more so.

rest easy, but work as hard as you can, self criticism is a harsh master - but - I have followed most of them and they have all been very, very, pleasing,

3. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Lovely!

You're good at finding different angles on that mountain, and you've made this shot a thing of beauty! God's own spotlight!

One observation I would make is that depending on exactly how it's beeing displayed, it could perhaps afford to lose a bit off the top. I don't mean that it has to come off, but if you wanted a more panoramic format, I think it would work.

4. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

I hate landscapes - mainly because I can't 'do' them.

This is a cracker though. I've seen dozens, if not hundreds, of pictures of this mountain and this is a stand out winner.

Excellent.

MickLL

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Good light, good sky, good shot. What's not to like?*

:cool::cool::cool:

*Aside from people who are so much better at landscape than I am that is..........:D

6. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

wonderful drama and light.