1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by CHIPS, Jul 1, 2008.

1. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

2nd haND 19" CRT fLATRON showing terminal symptoms. Any pointers on good and affordable replacement ? I reckon a flat screen has to be bigger to show the same image as I have (need) now. Cheers.

2. Meredith

Meredith Well-Known Member

Define affordable.

3. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

let's try £200 max

4. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

and what resolution do you run your CRT at?

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

From Comet .. HP 2007 20 inch "crystalbrite" lcd monitor; bought mine last month for under £160. The 22 inch model is about another £80 IIRC, but there appears to be little difference in screen size. Includes speakers - many LCD monitors still do not have integrated speakers and this is not always clearly marked (lost count of how many monitors I half-pulled off various shelves loking to see if they had a sound input socket)

6. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

1024v768 pix

7. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

Recently bought a Dell PC and I specified this monitor. I connected it to my wife's PC as I already have the 27" version. It is an excellent performer and, although I don't use her PC for photo editing, it looks to be ideal for such a use. The web cam comes in useful too. I bought the sound bar that adds speakers to the bottom of the bezel as she doesn't need anything more than basic speakers, surround sound not required.

A little more than your budget but worth it (IMHO).

8. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Thank you - a hands on experience is more convincing to me than all the spec blurb from the maker - that one's on the list, Cheers

9. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Comet pulled out of Northern Ireland long since but I'll follow that up.. Experimenting now with screen settings - thought it may have cured the "spit fits" but just as I typed that the screen jumped to its own little wide mode - ah well, Thanks again.

10. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I've heard good reports about the Dell from elsewhere if that is any use

11. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

It's all a help - sadly Currys is the only place to get hands on within miles so I'm building a list for when I go to the big city, many thanks.

12. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

You won't be able to see or buy a Dell in city shops. They sell direct only I believe.

13. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

14. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

So how the **** does a body compare and try before he buy ? Mail order is all very well in its place. Thanks for the warning, Cheers Derek Simpson

15. Ken_Moffat

Ken_Moffat Well-Known Member

Dell monitors are available trough PC World and I would assume Dixons/Currys.

16. CHIPS

CHIPS Well-Known Member

Cheers. Local Currys had three monitors on display last week.