1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Missing My Man

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by P_Stoddart, May 16, 2017.

1. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Always left my socks on back in the day. Not very romantic but they take a hell of a long time to get on if the girlfriends parents came home early! :eek:

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

You sum up my reaction perfectly, except that I'd add that I find the tonality of the B+W muddy too.

As for Newton, well, yes, I've seen plenty of his work, and all I can say to the OP is "You are no Helmut Newton".

Cheers,

R.

Brian likes this.
  3. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Times have changed. I remember the uproar a breast feeding image I posted caused. Now back to the picture, if you are trying to do art, why not close in / concentrate in the nice curves and the descending texture of the shirt?

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

P, have you been to see the Arthur Elgort exhibit at the Atlas Gallery yet? Fantastic, although needed more photos on the wall. Highly recommended.

Thought of this Thread while there! Cheers, Oly

5. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

No, but now you have told me will put on my list for next visit to London