1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirrorless specs on Photo Rumors

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by AndyTake2, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the 2nd generation before ditching my 5D's thanks very much.

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

...and yesterday I deliberately used older, heavier tech. - Eos 1D Mk IV - when I was shooting the OVO Tour of Britain Cycle Race, as I wanted a less cluttered viewfinder than that in my 7D Mk II. Overall, I rate my attempts yesterday as successful and I got the shot of Geraint Thomas that I wanted. (I do have an Eos M, so I do know the virtues of a small body, and slim lens.) I'm sure my 7D Mk II could have done just as well, and I have used it on cycle races, but overall my 1D Mk IV delivers when the going's tough.

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

The Fourth generation Fuji XT3 was announced today and will be available in only a few days time. so you can forget Canon and Nikon offerings.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I have already filed the Canon under "Perhaps one day" The Nikon is under "Not another lens format please" (that's another name for the delete button) and I think the Fuji can join it

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

I used to have some mirrored sunglasses -- I may still have them -- but for me, mirrorless specs are the way to go. A mirror monocle might be interesting, though.

Cheers,

R.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've already forgotten your post. What was it about? ;)

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I had a look through the specs and other bumf on the Canon site yesterday and can't really say that I felt it exactly lives up to the marketing hype. Has more of a me too feel than an innovative advance - though that may be because Nikon got their announcement, about two models at that, out first...

8. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

One of the youtube reviewers was saying Canon is good at releasing 2 year old out of date cameras at a premium price. I can't help feeling he has a point. I have no interest in buying it. From a tech and value for money point of view, surely Sony beats it soundly, though Nikon seems to have done worse. The XT3 looks great.

9. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I'm far too happy with my 4/3rds and m4/3rds cameras, but the concept of having a filter slot within the SLR to Mirrorless body adaptors, would mean you have a one size fits all lenses situation, except for the filter covering te front element, is a great idea and I've often wondered why with other lens mount adaptors like this, why other manufactuers haven't done the same thing.

I wonder if a Polorising filter will be offered (with some form of 'pinch-wheel' built into it for roatating the filter?) and indeed, if located the filter there, is as effective as on the front of the lens, because of all the elements the light has to travel through?

10. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Thinking back to the early 1990's when I was a machinist operating manual and CNC lathes, as well as Lapping machines*, the addition of what's basically an electrically-coupled 'spacer' between the body and lens, should be a doddle. I'd regularly machine, working within a tolerance of +0 to -0.05 was par for most things, whilst CNC's back then, were kitted out with electro-mechanical measuring probes to keep tabs on tool-tip wear and changes.

*If you are wondering what the measurements are in relation to a 'Lapped' surface, the tolerance for that was 1 to 1.5 light-bands. (The band unit of measure is .0000116”: that is between the centre of one dark band (or interference ring) and the centre of the next dark band, the surface of the workpiece has risen or fallen 11.6 millionths of an inch (.0000116”) in relation to the optical flat. These surfaces were required things like gas and some liquid seals.

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

One has been announced, along with a variable ND filter: https://www.canonrumors.com/aurora-...t-of-filters-for-the-canon-ef-to-rf-adapters/

12. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member