1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minolta X-370s

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by spynappels, Mar 3, 2004.

1. spynappels

spynappels New Member

I work as a lab tech in Armagh college in Northern Ireland, and we have 8 Minolta X-370s cameras for students to borrow for projects. Obviously they do get some abuse but in general, the students are fairly careful with the cameras, (I make them pay dearly if they are not!) However, 4 of them have developed serious problems, all identical. Basically, the film advance will not work, and neither will the shutter release trip. I've done some research and have found that the old X-370 had the same problem after 15-20 years use, but there is no info about what can be done to cure it, and I don't want to have to fork out £50 for Jessops just to tell me that the cameras are beyond repair. Has anyone else come across this problem in any of the X series, and is it curable?

2. Minoltaman

Minoltaman Well-Known Member

It sounds like the same problem that I hade about 3 months ago with my X300 which is 17 years old. There is a small capacitor in the base which might need replacing. I replaced mine myself and everything works as before. All you need is a steady hand and a soldering Iron.

I have some spare capacitors that you can have. PM me your address and I will send them by return.

Regards

George