1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minolta 35-105 3,5-4.5 Macro

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by FujiSigmaNolta, May 12, 2008.

1. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

This is one sharp lens! I keep getting surprised with all my classic Minolta glass, so far I have:

50mm f1.7
    28mm f2.8 (although I marked the glass by accident :( )
    35-105mm f3.5-4.5 Macro
    75-300mm f4-5.6 (sharp but to much purple fringing, not for digital really, replaced with Sigma 70-300 APO DG)
    28-100mm f3.5-f5.6 (plastic but pretty good for what it is, not amazing but for plastic, pretty good)

Here's a

sample

I'm gonna be looking for more and more classic Minolta lenses. My 7D is producing some of the sharpest images I have seen with the classics, I am well chuffed!! :cool:

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

... but you don't have a "beercan" (70-210 f4) ... you must get one, it's mandatory for Minolta/Sony owners :) and a 50mm macro ... small, neat and oh so sharp.

3. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I don't have a beercan either, quite happy with the results from the Tammy 55-200. My line up was starting to get a bit Tammy heavy, 17-50, 55-200 and 90/2.8 plus 135/2.8 and 200/3.5 Tammy adaptall manuals. The Minolta line up was 28/2.8, 50/1.7 & 18-70 kit now joined by a 35-105/3.5-4.5, but the newer version than the macro in the topic heading, hoping to give it a trial on Satuday at the Winchester Mayfest, bring on the dancing girls (and boys)

Just to keep it a bit varied I do also have the Sigma 600/8 and a Tokina 80-400

4. FujiSigmaNolta

I will look into it, as I am also liking the way they look on the camera, with their all black metal body with the Minolta logo on the side. :cool:

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Funny how that happens........ I was out on Saturday with my Canon D30 and all 3 lenses I had with me were Sigma: 10-20mm, 28-70 and 70-210... Despite my best intentions of sticking with Canon lenses I still seem to have ended up with 6 Sigmas and a Tamron in EF mount - probably 'cos most of them were secondhand bargains........ ;)

6. FujiSigmaNolta

I just missed a good deal on Ebay for the Siggy, it went for £120 I think.

7. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

^^^What Rog Said^^^ the 'Beercan' on all my film Dynax's and my 7D is superb (if a bit heavy) especially the 'bokeh' when wide open:D, in fact come to think of it all my Minolta f/4 lenses do display superb lens characteristics from f/4 on:).
    Personally if I were going for a Macro I'd go for the 100 f/2.8 D which according to the late Dr Stewart Bell of AP lens test fame reckoned it was the best 100mm Macro he'd ever tested.

8. FujiSigmaNolta

OK >>>what both of you said<<< :D I have to get it then.

9. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

There's a 'beercan' on E-bay due up on 25-May-08 21:35:23
    Here

10. FujiSigmaNolta

Thanks! I'm on it!

11. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Good Luck!