1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be an interesting day

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by Learning, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Some free lunches are a lot less expensive than others. As are free cocktails. Who else remembers the Agfa cocktail bar at photokina?

Cheers,

R.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I went on a great half day with Canon a couple of years ago. They were giving an opportunity to try out the 5DS and 5DSr shooting landscapes with several pros including David Clapp. Got a chance to use the cameras with a selection of lenses including the 11-24 and a couple of tilt/shift lenses. Got shown how best to use them with Live View.
    Had a long discussion with David about favourite locations over a cup of tea and a cake, also about his use of the EOS M3, and infrared landscape photography.
    Didn't cost me anything on the day, but I did buy a 24mm TS-E shortly afterwards, making it a rather dear piece of cake.

EightBitTony and Learning like this.
  4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I did go on the Canon Road Show in Lincoln some weeks ago which was totally free. Two lectures in the morning and afternoon consisted of roaming around Lincoln in a group using equipment of your choice. Canon even kindly bought everyone an Italian ice cream, which was very welcome on a hot day.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My daughter and I did a Panasonic street photography day. We had a variety of cameras and lenses to try. That was totally free, but like Nick I ended up buying a a GX85 for my daughter and then subsequently one for myself some months later. The cameras weren't for sale at the event as such, so it wasn't like a hard sell or anything, but obviously it worked!

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

A "pro" called "clapp"? I foresee a dose of schoolboy inuendo ... :cool: