1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Merry Xmas everyone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, Dec 24, 2013.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Going offline for a bit then crawling to bed (Santa sent me a stinking head cold for Xmas guess I must have been bad this year) so hope you all have a lovely Xmas!

2. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Nite nite, hope you wake up felling better tomorrow.
    And Merry Christmas to you, with a prosperous 2014 to follow.

3. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

I hope you are soon better Lesley and that you won't mind if I use your thread to return your good wishes and to wish everyone else a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

4. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

All the best to all of you.

5. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

A very Merry Christmas and Festive season to you all, including the Atheists and Agnostics ... and the Teetotallers, a happy one!

6. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

[​IMG]

7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

And a very merry Christmas to one and all!

8. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Happy Christmas everyone !

Hope your feeling a bit better Lesley. :)

9. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone. I know exactly how you feel Lesley. I've had the cold for 2 weeks now and my body is producing enough green goo to keep a kids tv programme going for a year.

10. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Yes, Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Peaceful New Year to all :D

Central heating just packed up - get standby convector heater out of cupboard after 18 years. Switch on and bingo. Wonderful heat. Sorry to those who have none over Xmas :(

11. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Get well Lesley and a Merry Christmas to one and all. I'm here on my own at the moment since SWMBO is at work, which has totally stuffed up Christmas Day. I was supposed to cook Christmas Dinner for 8 p.m. but I keep looking at the oven, then the food and back to the oven. Somehow, I just can't be arsed !

12. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hope it soon goes and you're back to normal.
    And had a good Christmas Day.

13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

So far Xmas has been a game of two halves. Dave woke me up at 6.30- to ask me what the time was! I resisted the urge to tell him it was still dark and neither of us have to get up so why are you asking me? He then started moaning about not going down the pub and if he wasn't he didn't see why I would want to I then couldn't get back to sleep due to a streaming head cold but finally dozed off again. Did our Xmas dinner then escaped to the pub where I had a nice time and took some photos (Nothing much but haven't been out with the camera for a whlle so that was good) and got given a bottle of Bailey's now back home. Dave still hasn't wished me a happy Xmas but I am used to it, eyeing up a small box of chocolates right now or possibly toast as we have a large jar of M&S strawberry conserve to use up although it might wait for me to get some crumpets

14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Mine was a game of one half: dinner - sausage, gherkin, pickled onion and olives, cup of tea, fruity sponge cake thing.

then: catch/hang onto the cows as SWMBO injected them and gave one urgent eye ointment, then clean up the muck/waste silage from around the feeder and put in new bale, try not to think about the rain. Go back in, cup of tea, more cake + Jaffa cakes.
    Baked potato, beans and a couple of tomatoes for tea.

BUT! the tribe arrives tomorrow, so that's when we'll do Christmas! Hooray.

15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Following the crappist 2 years of our lives, we decided to treat ourselves to Christmas away. So happy Christmas from Thailand.
    Our Christmas day consisted of a trip to a local market with the hotels chef, trying dried fish, 1000 year old style eggs etc (URGH), bought some stuff, a stop off at a temple followed by a Thai cooking course for the 4 of us, then our meal was a selection of curries, salads and soups all cooked by the group. No turkey, no stress and all in the sunshine.

Shame we couldn't do similar every year.