1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men at Lunch

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by SXH, Mar 21, 2019.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

There's a programme tonight on PBS America at 22.15 about the story of the picture of 11 men eating lunch while seated on a girder a LONG way up! It's called Men at Lunch.

PBS America is Freesat 155 or Freeview 91. Freeview is HD only. As my new telly is HD and can also record programmes to USB devices, I'll see if my biggest USB stick is big enough. Assuming I've programmed it correctly...

The prgramme is repeated at 08:00 and 16:20 tomorrow, and sometime next week as well, I think.

AlanW likes this.
  2. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Thanks for the headsup, Steve.

This should get you in the mood . . . . . . :)

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, it recorded. Quite good quality too. And 1hr 20min only makes a 788MB .TS file.

As for the programme... Well, I've only watched the first few minutes. The 'experts' seem OK, but the narration could prove very irritating - soft female Irish voice is OK, but her script seems to be a collection of flowery clichés. Maybe it gets better as it goes on.

4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Yes, watched it all and found the woman's voiceover quite irritating, reminded me of the M&S adverts, and like a lot of documentary programmes they could have said all the needed to say in about 20 minutes! The most interesting part for me was Iron Mountain, going through the 'treasures' there would have been a programme in itself!

5. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I have a fear of hights ..... Noooooo Wayyyyy
    Thanks for posting anyway.