1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May, 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of May, 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of May, 2009. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Packaging - 00:30 May 1st 2009

I took delivery of a new laser printer yesterday and was amazed at the size of the box(es) and the amount of packaging that it came in. I spent a lot of time setting it up, but I thought I would put up this pic showing the packaging before going to bed.

'night all . . . . . ;)

[​IMG]

3. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Taken on 1st May 2009, at 0715.

After hanging the washing out at 7am, the next task was the washing up. Standing at the kitchen sink, I noticed this little chap playing in the garden. :cool:

Too good an opportunity to miss, I thought. Shame he'd wandered into the undergrowth before the cat came to investigate, as that would have made a decent photo!

[​IMG]

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Bright, bright, sunshiny day - and I'm stuck indoors! :-(

Really looks like a lovely spring day out there, but I'm at the computer as usual. :-( Anyway, I always love it when the sunshine hits this window, so it brightned the day indoors a little as well. Think I'll go and brighten it a bit more with a nice coffee now. [​IMG] :)

[​IMG]

Nikon D2X, 11:30am, 1/05/2009, at home in Dorset.

5. Fire_Monkey

Fire_Monkey Nowt but a Monkeh!

Footpath

Nothing very exciting, but found a footpath I didn't know about! [​IMG]

Love exploring :D

6. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

The sun came out this morning and the garden was full of greedy sparrows. [​IMG]

7. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

Before the rain started

[​IMG]

Field of Oil seed rape on my way to work this morning. 8.10AM approx, Dwyran, Anglesey. 20 minutes later it was lashing down and hasn't stopped since :(
    Coolpix 5000

8. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

[​IMG]

As part of our management of the Peppercombe valley in North Devon, I've had a project to clear and restore two abandoned meadows. This one was covered in 7-10 feet high scrub on one half and thick bracken on the other. I've been raking away the bracken litter to try and let light through, encourage grass and wild flowers but also to remove the amount of nutrients going into the soil. Later in the year I'll stick our two heifers in there for a week to graze it and trash it a bit. Should be good next year.

9. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Morane-Saulnier

[​IMG]

1/32 scale model aircraft that I'm building for a product review

10. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Re: Something for the weekend?

[​IMG]

One of the shelves in my drinks cabinet

11. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Re: Moo

business cards arrived this morning.

[​IMG]
    Taken @ 15:40 whilst procrastinating.

12. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Great Tits in the gutter

[​IMG]

Alpha 900, 300 f/4 ISO 200 1/500 @ f/6.3

Taken from Bedroom window, caught the blighters having a Bath :)

13. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Mare and Foal - FirstView Pictures

Taken 1st May 2009 circa 08:30 using Canon A80. Seen while cycling to work in Sunderland. This mare and foal live beneath a railway bridge.

[​IMG]

14. chr1s

chr1s Well-Known Member

smudge the dog

[​IMG]

my workmates dog, smudge, decided to join me in the van when it started to rain earlier. taken on a canon g10.

15. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

The Commute

[​IMG]

Taken while stationary in traffic (and stationary for a good 10 minutes) with my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, on the road into Nottingham. Slooow.

16. Baz94

Baz94 Well-Known Member

Re: The Commute

While out for some VERY EARLY morning photography....

The Photographer in the image is a friend of mine.
    Taken near the New Sheppey Crossing, on the River Swale, Kent.

[​IMG]

17. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

3.40 this afternoon-New sign that has recently appeared on my constitutional route

[​IMG]

18. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Spare Wheels

[​IMG]

Spotted this cyclist with 2 spare wheels attached to his bike on the station concourse at Liverpool Lime Street at 09:36 Hrs :eek: What kind of cycling leads you to carry 2 spare wheels!

Orange SPV E650 mobile phone which explains the blurry picture

19. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Boots

bought some new work boots earlier today.Comfy :)

[​IMG]

Nig. :)

20. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

Worms!

[​IMG]

Just after finishing blizting Mother's bedroom (she arrives tomorrow), I opened a cupboard to put away cleaning stuff and the container of dried worms (for the birds!) exploded at me. I obviously hadn't closed it properly last time I filled the feeder...

I think I caught them all - would hate to have to explain to Mother why there are *worms* in her bedroom. :D

Home, sometime around 4 (I think), Nikon D70. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.