1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May 2007 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of May, 2007. Please read the main About FirstView thread, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of May, 2007. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a couple of days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see HOW TO POST IMAGES - MAXIMUM SIZES - Free progs - Tutorials...).

2. Almark

Almark Well-Known Member

I thought I would have a go at the full moon. I only had a 200mm lens (300 35mm eq) and as you can see the result isn't great. Taken from my back garden, just after midnight, Nikon D80, 80-200 f/2.8 Nikkor lens, tripod and self timer.

I was able to bring in some contrast with Photoshop, but everything was too soft. Any advice on what you really need to take a decent image of the moon is welcome.
    [​IMG]

3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Watching CNN with my feet :)

[​IMG]

00:49 (check out the clock) Casio

4. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

~~~
    backshift, incense sticks, and a large whisky ;)
    ~~~

5. radiogandy

radiogandy Well-Known Member

Got up, grabbed camera, clicked. This is my bedroom window and a look at the clock (top left) should show just after 6am.
    . [​IMG]

Hoped to be first but was soundly beaten by moon etc.

6. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

OK, 1st view it is. Not a pretty sight..........

[​IMG]

Holding the camera in my right hand and hoping that I was somewhere in the frame.

7. elenydd

elenydd Well-Known Member

Re: May 2007 - Early morning in Mid Wales

Taken in front of my house just now.

[​IMG]

8. Seven

Seven ..or eight

the dulcit tones of the devil in pp 'oi Tanya' I remembered :) :)

[​IMG]

9. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Re: May 2007 - Green Man

[​IMG]

Taken this morning 7:24am, with Fuji S5 Pro

This is a tritone of one of three Green Men that are on the wall above the stairs. I thought a Green Man was appropriate as 1st May is Beltane.

10. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Re: May 2007 - See what I mean (Re: Tanya's Pic)

Taken 10 minutes ago...

[​IMG]

11. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    08:49, me at my hot desk in the Brentwood office.
    25 unread emails already this morning....

12. rivvy

rivvy Member

[​IMG]
    My first post on this forum. Taken from my study window. Having trouble getting the image size correct in a very quick break from work.

13. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Wantage

[​IMG]

Taken today at 9.15am on my regular Tuesday stroll to the newsagents to pick up my weekly copy of AP, a TV guide and quite often a copy of the BJP as well.

14. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Rural Staffordshire

Good Morning, Lords and Ladies
    It is the First of May

And a cloudless sky on this beautiful day

[​IMG]

15. DBarfoot

DBarfoot Well-Known Member

The view from my Office Window

[​IMG]
    Click pic for larger version

Looking West(ish) from my office window over the Berkshire/Hampshire border 10:00AM 1st May 2007

Forgot my camera, so this is from my K800i, resized for blog.

Dave.

16. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Favourable Forecast

[​IMG]

Might venture outside later.

17. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

Mother's visit impending...

...and I have come to the conclusion that I have TOO MUCH stuff. Running out of space... :(

[​IMG]

Nikon D70, my living room (about one hour ago). Nope, I am *not* going to show the mess in the rest of the room.... :D

18. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

My Office

Well it's me day off and this is my office when the sun is shining and spring is in the air! Note "tinnie holder" on arm of chair and "breakfast beer" (start the day off as you intend to go on I always say!) Yes I know this was taken at around 11am but that's when I get up on me day off.........................on a good day! :eek:

[​IMG]

Ok Huw, you can take the hideous banner down now....................it's giving me an even worse headache......................as if me hangover wasn't bad enough from last night! :eek: :eek:

BigWill

19. Re: Yippee! Returning Dunces Cap!

[​IMG]

My time on the very public "naughty step" ends today

Story here

Paul

20. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

Getting up

At 9.50, i tryed.

[​IMG]

Thread Status: