1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May, 2007 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Apr 30, 2007.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments and discussion arising from May's FirstView pictures.

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Blimey guys - that was quick! :)

Mark, the moon is a tricky one, partly because it's just so small in the sky, so you either need very long lenses, or have to settle for relatively low resolution, but also partly because of course it moves, and it moves surprisingly fast. (Sorry - I know I'm stating the obvious here.) But of course if you can see it, it's in full sunshine, and so there shouldn't be much difficulty in getting a fast enough shutter speed. Here though it doesn't look like subject movement to me, or even camera shake - I'm wondering if you just missed the focus a bit? Hard to tell for sure.

3. radiogandy

radiogandy Well-Known Member

Re Almark's 'moon' query. The moon is very tricky and to retain detail it's necessary to underexpose dramatically . Also, it doesn't seem to respond well to auto-focus and manual often produces a sharper result.

4. Seven

Seven ..or eight

crikey and I thought I was quick off the mark :)

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Re: May, 2007 - Tanya's Pic

I thought that was my desk for a moment.............then I realised it's too tidy........ :D :D :D

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

My shot is straight out of the camera (via Flickr's auto resizing) with no post processing of any type whatsoever.

Olympus Mju Digital 600, Super Macro mode.

7. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

I got quite a few street/candid shots this morning, typical

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Tanya - you've posted a FirstView picture!! I'm so happy. :) You do realize it's just the start though? I'll be expecting one from you next month, and the next, and... :)

And as if that wasn't enough, my day is complete - BigWill has posted too. This is almost like Wales winning a Grand Slam - it just doesn't get any better! ;-)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

Big Will drinks Carlsberg!

Is Big Will aware that we now know he drinks Carlsberg? Is that not an arrestable offence on the Emerald Isle?

10. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

I had a go at the moon last month, next time I try its going to be in the countryside with polution free (relatively) sky.

11. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Re: Ian_A's 'Outside the Hermit Pub'

Dear Ian, For an old 'pissoir' this does appear to have been freshly sluiced down - for which, presumably, we must offer you our grateful thanks. MikeD.
    PS: How many pints does this necessitate, I wonder?

12. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Parisian...

There's a terrible colour caste on your pic Peter, I'd get that seen to! :eek: :rolleyes:

13. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Re: Big Will drinks...........................anything!

...............with alcohol in it! ;)

BigWill

14. crymble

crymble Well-Known Member

Time to go out.......

......and see if I can find anything interesting for my first view.

K

15. TheFatControlleR

Re: Time to go out.......

It doesn't have to be 'interesting', that's the point, just what's around, not what's been sought out... A snap, straight out of the camera. ;)

Admittedly, it appears not to be for the feint hearted - there are some in these here parts unwilling (or perhaps unable) to put forward anything that hasn't been fussed over, processed, cropped, re-shot, re-processed, sorted, etc... :D

16. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

'Tis not phone boxes I wizz all over ... [​IMG]

17. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

But we're artists! [​IMG]

18. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

........of the "pi*s" variety mostly around here! :eek: ;)

BigWill

19. TheFatControlleR

Suffer baby, suffer. ;)

20. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

ow.

How's that? [​IMG]