1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March, 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of March, 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of March, 2009. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

FirstView Day is not even two hours old yet, and already I know I'm going to have a hard job getting this image out of my mind (see the 'Only Erwin...' thread in the Leica room for a link to the article in question):

[​IMG]

1st of March, 2009. 1:30am. At home in Dorset.

3. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Cross and Ivy

Dropped SWMBO off at work, and went for a walk in the cemetary next door (great idea - old peoples home right next to a cemetary).

[​IMG]

BTW - couldn't find a march gallery in the drop down, so posted pic in Febs gallery on the 1stview site.

4. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

New tenants. :)

[​IMG]

A couple of Long Tailed Tits have just moved into the garden - they are busy chasing each other and building a nest. :)

D70, my garden, 20 minutes ago. :)

5. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

seedlings

some of my pepper seedlings.

[​IMG]

Nig.

6. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

coffee

[​IMG]

First thing i do every morning! :)
    At home 1pm ( ok, i got up late this morning! )

sony T77

7. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Re: coffee

[​IMG]
    I notice it's almost the same as my entry for February :rolleyes:
    Dog walking 10:24am

8. Fire_Monkey

Fire_Monkey Nowt but a Monkeh!

Sleeping Duck

Out for a walk, and thaught "Let Sleeping Duckd Lie!" [​IMG]

9. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

Actually made the effort this month and took the R6 out for a walk at 13.56 [​IMG]

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dylan learning about Blackpool in its heyday.

11. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Himself

[​IMG]

The nipper admiring himself on herself's monitor prior to upload to FirstView...

12. kt2

kt2 Well-Known Member

Thinking about getting the veg patch ready. It didn't take long to decide that it could wait! [​IMG]

Kt

13. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Strathaven Road

View from Strathaven Road while travelling to B&Q

[​IMG]

Konica Minolta Dynax 7D
    Minolta 70 - 210 f/4
    f/8 @ 1/1000th

14. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

[​IMG]

Playing with my new LensBaby in the lane at home, Devon.
    1 March 2009, 16:41

15. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

Flowers in the Park

I was walking through the park into town when I noticed these on the other side of the river. Taken at about 14:06, rather grey overhead but they still made a lovely splash of colour.

[​IMG]

16. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Relax...!

[​IMG]

It was another shooting practice weekend this time, no pics of the shooting (or weapon cleaning ) just me easing those aching muscles when I got back home :D

15:16 Hrs in my bathroom :)

17. Rhon

Rhon Well-Known Member

Happy St David's Day

First weekend away in Wales and greeted on St David's day with fully opened daffodils

[​IMG]

18. sar

sar Well-Known Member

robin

in the garden
    [​IMG]

19. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

It stopped raining so I sneaked out of the office and saw this view.
    [​IMG]

20. Nicisme

Nicisme Member

Dead Chilli Plant

[​IMG]

I went into the greenhouse and and found some chillies that had dried out over winter on the dead plants.

--------------------

Nic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.