1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March, 2009 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Feb 28, 2009.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the March 2009 picture thread.

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Sorry Dave. Aand apologies to all who tried to post on the FV site. :eek:

I wasn't aware of the issue until SMWBO tried to upload earlier (the foibles of an admin account - <Memo2Self> should switch to member mode and check!).

Anyhoo, all sorted now and images moved.

Thanks to all concerned for persevering and using the FV gallery/archive to host their images. :cool:

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Damn it, Erm!!!!!

[​IMG]

What are you trying to do to me? [​IMG] And I haven't got any bacon in. :mad:

Hmmm, got some lorne sausage though.... ;)

4. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Re: Damn it, Erm!!!!!

errr... ERM whats that little excitable red character at the top of your photo about to do to your cup of tea/coffee?!?!?

5. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Re: sharpneil's pic

The onyl comment I'd make is that because you've managed to freeze the action so well you've lost all sense of speed and movement. I'd try the saem again but set your DSLR to rear curtain flash and see if the resulkts improve then.

6. sharpneil

sharpneil Well-Known Member

Re: sharpneil's pic

Thanks for the comment. I will do. Usually I do most of my biking shots with second curtain sync but I got carried away with my new kit and took a lot of "static" shots this time.

7. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Re: Damn it, Erm!!!!!

*snigger* I was wondering if anyone would notice that :D

He's a bottle stopper, we, er... shove him in the wine between glasses. The little man on the right is a tea strainer, sometimes he catches the man on the lefts offshoots :eek: :D Theres also a blue man in the middle but you cant see him in this shot. Ill do a pic of them all for you later :D :D :D

8. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

South Shields

I have family in South Shields, I think they were the biggest back in the day, 14 (or 17?) kids!

9. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Re: South Shields

We went looking for that chippie that won the best chippie in Britain, completely forgot to get its address and there seems to be a lot of chippies in South Shields :D

Nice day out though - we went to Tynemouth later as well

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

The picture thread is now closed. My thanks to everyone who participated. Late-comers should pm me or another mod to have the thread temporarily re-opened, as usual. See you all again next month. :)

[​IMG]