1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual Minolta

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by RonM, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

Some of these camera shops just show no consideration, do they? /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

The X-700 is a cracker though! and a good price too. /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Geoff

2. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Indeed they do. Your near countyman Gerry Coe is one. Though he hasn't posted since putting the manual gear up for sale.

3. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

I keep telling Ron to get the X700 instead of that SRT or whatever it is he has his heart set on. He won't listen you know, he's blinded by passion. Still, I can understand that. It must be like when I look at Jeri Ryan or when Fangs looks at Anne Widdicome! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

4. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Will,

I probably will end up with a X700, I know they are superb, but the SR-T's are of the era when I first realy noticed SLR's (mainly Zenits and Olympus) and I suppose that I want to start off with a 'top class' Minolta SLR of that period. Now the fact that a 50mm f/1.4 lens will fit the SR-T or the X700 will probably help sway the matter, well that and probably my next reasonable expenses payment!!

/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif<font color=blue>RonM FRIPN

5. BigWill

In it's favour the X700 must have one of the longest production runs of any Minolta manual focus camera which speaks volumes for it's quality.

Big(I'll get him to buy an X700 yet!)Will

6. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

But a nice SRT 303 would make a superb back up to an X-700. Then if there's any spare space in yer bag Ron, an XE-1 would just fill it nicely! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

7. Happy Hens

Happy Hens Well-Known Member

8. BigWill

Don't listen to him Ron, you'll end up with a team of bearers and 14 donkeys to carry all your kit around! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

9. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Will,

Don't make suggestions like that, the wife already has one Highland Pony, this would be the ideal excuse for her to go and get another (probably at my expense!, and photography is cheaper!).
    I'm beginning to realise that Geoff, Inflatable and You are very bad people, I'm thinking that you are trying to encourage everyone on this forum to buy up all the 'Classic' cameras out there and ensure we all live in penury!

/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif<font color=blue>RonM FRIPN

10. BigWill

"penury" is that somewhere outside Edinburgh? As for that Geoff.......he is the son of Satan as far as smiting people with the camera collecting bug is concerned! He wants locking up he does! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Big Smite....well I think that's what Fangs calls me! Will

11. Happy Hens

Happy Hens Well-Known Member

Well BigWill, I put Penury into multimap and it didn't come up with a place with that name. Maybe someone on Time Team may recognise the name as an old saxon settlement consisting of a half dozen mud huts somehere in Britain, what do you think?&lt;img src="/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif"&gt;

Billy

12. BigWill

Dunno where it is Billy, but I've been living in it for most of my life!

Big(Impoverished!)Will

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And are much more "real" cameras than the poxy X700!

Nick BSRIPN

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Close, but that's actually Penicuik.
    I don't want everyone to buy up old classics - drives the prices up!

Nick BSRIPN