1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man vs. Brolly

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Jul 31, 2021.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Width ways

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

... until it came to testing out if the "suicide pills" that he was to take in case of capture worked, whereupon he had little hesitation on having them tried out on his dogs, and they proved successful; something unpleasant that I discovered on my trip to Berlin last year.

As to Boris, if he can't even control an umbrella, how can we expect him to run a country ??

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

We don't, he can't, and this has been general knowledge since he was first elected as a MP.

peterba and WillieJ like this.
  4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

"As to Boris, if he can't even control an umbrella, how can we expect him to run a country ??"
    No expectations in this regard.... But it does seem that his strategy is to reduce the task by making the country smaller.

Graeme

peterba likes this.
  5. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Trump, umbrella problems; Johnson, umbrella problems... I'm beginning to see a theme developing here.

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

We need Rihanna to be in charge!

Zou and MJB like this.
  7. IvorETower

.... at least the Queen rains/reigns (better spoken than written down)

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Private Eye has dug out a Boris quote from the Daily Telegraph, 25th October 2007.
    "The world's population is now 6.7bn, roughly double what it was when I was born. If I live to be in my mid-eighties, then it will have trebled in my lifetime... I cannot simply understand why no one discusses the impending calamity, and why no world statesmen have the guts to treat the issue with the seriousness it deserves...
    We seem to have given up on population control"​
    Private Eye's sub helpfully added the headline "Copulation Control".

Footloose, spinno, peterba and 2 others like this.
  9. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

So. Bozo comes to Scotland behind the FM's back. No surprise there. Talks to Police Scotland, which is outwith his jurisdiction - his excuse is the upcoming climate change summit in Glasgow but still not sure what he is up to. Gets interviewed in front of some wind turbines, so far so cynical.
    Big Q is (and there is time yet) will he/has he meet/met Douglas Ross? If not why not and if he has why no photo op? Could it be that the shameless is ashamed of the shameful? What does this say about the expected tenure of DRoss and, if demoted, will he still take two political salaries as MP and MSP (not to mention a third income stream as a footie referee)?
    On the basis of keep your friends close and your enemies closer it currentkly seems that to Bozo, DRoss is neither - but as I observed, there is time yet.

steveandthedogs, peterba and Zou like this.
  10. IvorETower

I've seen some photos on the web of Boris with his back to wind turbines, that appear to be spinning. I wonder where the (hot) air to turn them was coming from ???

peterba, WillieJ and steveandthedogs like this.
  11. Learning

Bozo did not come to Scotland behind the dear little FM's back. He considered her beneath him.

12. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I presume you're trying to prompt some smutty jokes, about the Downing Street fornicator?

WillieJ and steveandthedogs like this.
  13. Learning

:oops::oops: No way. Even Boris has some taste. So does Nicola.
    I was suggesting that he thought that she was irrelevant

14. peterba

I think not.

WillieJ and steveandthedogs like this.
  15. peterba

Perhaps he did....... although, while he's busily looking down his nose at her, he'd do well to note that she's a good deal smarter than he is.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  16. WillieJ

Actually he is (in his own word) frit. He knows when he would be completely out of his depth and shown up for what he is.
    Re my earlier post apparently Bozo did meet DRoss - or certainly was scheduled to- but no photo op and no press release statement of the world beating shovdel ready wondefullness they came up with.
    Could it be that the Head of the UK Tory party and the Head of the Scottish Tory party are mutually embarassed to be seen in each other's company?

peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  17. peterba

I guess so, Willie. After all, anyone would be embarassed to be seen with a Tory. ;) :D

Zou likes this.
  18. WillieJ

It did occur to me after posting that I would be embarassed to ber seen with either.

peterba likes this.
  19. IvorETower

To mis-quote Flanders & Swann, she's not irrelevant, she's a hippopotamus !

20. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Luggie Duggies footie career is on the line.
    He may have ref trainng but is only qualified to act as an assistant. Always the bridesmaid....

Graeme