1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Male, scared to go to the dentist?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TH-Photos, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

Then head to Munich.

If you're going to get drilled, you might as well have something to look at that is enjoyable enough to distract your attention. And that's exactly what inspired a dentist in Munich, Germany, to make a change in her office.
    Dr. Marie Catherine Klarkowski has bought low-cut dresses for herself and her nurses to distract patients as she works on their teeth.
    She came up with the idea after watching the way male visitors to the local Oktoberfest enjoyed looking at the traditional low-cut Dirndl dresses. So she ordered for herself and her 10 staff similar frilled blouses in the same style with low cut cleavages and tight bodices that work like a push-up bra.
    Dr. Klarkowski, 41, said: "The most important thing for us is to take away the patients' fear. The sight of cleavages gets patients narcotized and distracted from the pain rather quickly. Some patients' mouths are already wide open on entering the practice - and that is just what a dentist wants."
    The investment paid off - she has a third more patients since the change - all of them male.
    "It could be that the cleavage is a little distracting but in the end it's me who has to concentrate and the patient can perhaps think about something different and relax during the treatment."
    One of Dr. Klarkowski's employees, Larisa Hrustic, said: "I much prefer working in a dirndl, I enjoy looking good at work and it's a lot more fun since we had the new outfits."
    Dr. Klarkowski's practice has also been transformed into an "Alpine lounge" with open fireplace, deer antlers on the wall and wooden benches to greet patients.
    "Competition doesn't sleep - I know colleagues who have decorated their whole practice with Mickey Mouse and one even in Star Trek style," said Dr. Klarkowski.

2. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

OK what should male dentists do?

(Anyone noticed a bit of a theme on todays forum?)

3. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Cannot see how it works for homosexual males either?

Doesn't help women who are affect by sexism either.

4. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

I agree that we should not be sexist. The males would wear one of these

Willie

5. Linux_Lady

Linux_Lady Well-Known Member

Continue being good at their job?

I've got a female dentist, she's bloody excellent and is good with nervous patients.

She doesn't wear a low cut top... but she does have a lovely fish tank which works for me - all guppies..very pretty colours.

It's kinda pathetic if men are signing up for a dentist based on the fact they wear low cut tops... I mean, loads of women in the street wear low cut tops, if you're that much of a letch, then just sit in a coffee shop or in a shopping center and people watch - you'll probably find a bigger range of women and you won't have to have your teeth meddled with :cool:

6. willie45

Fish tanks are nice. I used to have one.

My dentist plays hip hop radio all the time which only adds to my unhappiness :(

Willie

7. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice Holly. :)

8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Yeah, but when you ogle women in the street or in Starbucks, staring at their breasts they think you're a perv. At least this dentist and her staff encourage you to look. :D

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Here's one for the lady patients. Another German who frquents the Oktoberfest by the look of him :D

[​IMG]

10. willie45

Right Nige, thats it :mad: What I do in my private life shouldn't be shown to the world on here :eek: :eek: :D

And I'm not German either /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Willie

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I reckon I'll end up like this now those barstewards have taken my bike... :D

12. Still_Togging_Along

Still_Togging_Along In the Stop Bath

Maybe the male staff are wearing leather Leiderhosen and tight skimpy vest/T-shirts? Not too sure what variation in 'Dress-code' lesbian patients would appreciate ... Same as the men, but Tweed knickers and hob-nailed DM's?

As an aside, I hear that one of the internal airlines in Thailand, are recruiting Ladyboy flight attendants ....