1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mail Order for Processing Delta 3200 ?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by buze, Nov 21, 2005.

1. snapperlondon

snapperlondon Well-Known Member

I HAVE read the link...otherwise I wouldn't have known what it said would I?! And as Ermintrude says, the fact that it mentions number of exposures, size of the prints, etc, is a bit of a give away that they are talking about 35mm (although I'm sure they would also process 120 if it was sent and pocket the extra profit)! The link says "Price is for up to 39 exposures, printed to 6x4 inches. (Also available as a 27 exposure version for £7.29 - see our site)." I don't think you can get much clearer than that, but if you think they need to make it clearer then why not email them and suggest it!

OK, so you are new to this, in which case ask someone what that means rather than having a go at them! No one called you an idiot, but in behaving like you are they might well do very soon!

As for chemical prices, I'll leave you to research those for yourself as I don't feel much like giving advice to someone who is so rude! :D

2. buze

buze Well-Known Member

I'm re-quoting my original message just so you can point to me exactly where I "did have a go at them"

The print format is meaningless. My local print shops don't quote square print prices either on any documentation, they quote 6x9 etc, and they still do deliver me 6x6, 8x8 etc if I give them square files..
    And to understand the "39 exposures" you have to know you can have 39 exposure on a 36 film, which I don't since I never shot a 35mm film in my life anyway.
    So, again, my question was legitimate, and I didn't "have a go" at anyone, I was just pointing that their descriptions is not clear if you don't know the lingua.

And I haven't seen one bit of useful information from you so far, so I wasn't expecting any coming from you anyway. Thanks!

3. snapperlondon

snapperlondon Well-Known Member

Whatever! :D

4. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Ilford process ad print also puts on the nice white borders too.

I use peak imaging for all my developing (I scan my negs)
    works out at about £3.25 per film (35mm and 120) but now i'm into the 20% discount range it's a bargain.

5. Simon E.

Simon E. Well-Known Member

Buze,

Relax! Do you want help or a fight? I can't quite tell.

If you think you can get up to 39 frames from a roll of 6x9cm then you really should put that bottle down ;-)

One way to find out is to order a mailer and see what is written on the outside. Alternatively, for the definitive answer to your question go to the source.

Simon.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Simon, it's a little late to argue with Buze now - his post was last November!

7. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Yes I was talking about the film, just seems unusual to start with an ultra fast film, Supose you have no choice if you need that much speed?

8. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

It's a pity Ilford don't do 120/220 processing, as they are good and, unlike others, they print on proper B&W paper, not onto colour paper via a digital enlarger. Unlike some members, though, I could do with the option to drop the white borders.

David.