1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Magazine issue 16/07/2011

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bawbee, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Before we went out to Dundee Rep for a meal this evening, I was reading my AP and left it open at page 52 ("Autofocus") and went to pick it up again on my return - will I be the only one to try and pick-up the staples? Nice one MJ :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes. Did you perhaps drink a few G&Ts, Sherry, or half a bottle of chardonnay for grown ups as an aperitif, finish the W Burgundy with the fish, at least half a bottle of red with the entree, Sauternes with pudding and port with your cheese, perhaps even a liquouor or brandy with your coffee; then yes you really are the only one to try to pick the mag up by the staples. I have just reopened it on the relevant page and the staples are hidden. I guess it was a good evening in Dundee, I'll be glad that I am not you in the morning.

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

How come it got all the way up to you and yet I haven't get mine in London yet?

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Err, no!

It must be a good evening where you are too, the staples I speak of are on the left of page 52.

Have a word with your local PO Fen ;)

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Innit ;)

6. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Nearly always get mine at 10 oc on Saturday.

Did not notice the staples ... must have a look.

7. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I think we need to get your lot down here, then we might get mail delivered on time.

Very rare these days for our mail to arrive before 3pm!

8. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

It's getting that way down here too. Since they "improved" the delivery service a month or so ago, it's usually at least 1PM, and often 2PM, before it arrives.

And I STILL haven't got this week's AP. :( For the second time in in a month. :( :(

9. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

With mine I thought I was back in France in about 1950. Remenber how one had to slit the double fold on paperbacks? I had to go through the AP doing the same thing.

Money saving exercise?

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I've had to go and take a look to see what you lot were all on about!

Now, as for that ad on page 51, the other half wonders when they're going to run one with a similarly underclad bloke, and how he's going to be holding his camera...

Adrian