1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Macro Lens

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Ratcatcherpix, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Ratcatcherpix

Ratcatcherpix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info but i don't think it's the EX DG model just EX.

2. Ratcatcherpix

Just a thought would i not loose at least two stops on the Pentax & Tamron if using the macro/extensions.

3. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Yes, something like that, hence the advantage of f2.8!!

4. Ratcatcherpix

Yes that's what i thought, the thing is i was really interested in the Pentax but with f4 being the minimum and loosing 2 stops that will make it about f6 hardly worth it.I'm a bit confused about the Tamron 2:5 as the owner says it's a 52BB model with a 55mm filter thread. But from what i've found out about it the 52BB has a 49mm filter thread size and the 55BB model has the 55mm.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

2 stops lost on f4 will take you to f8, also this will be well nigh impossible to focus accurately.