1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Lytro Illum Batteries

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Wilwahabri, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Wilwahabri

Wilwahabri Member

I have a Lytro Illum, and despite the inconvenience of having to post process every image it is quite an accomplished camera. It is working well but I only have one battery for this camera and it is getting on for 6 or 7 years old, obviously replacements are not available from Lytro as they stopped supporting the camera and imaging system some time ago. Does anyone know where I might get a third party battery for this camera?

28396679129_fc356f1614_o.jpg
    There is no graffiti in Singapore! Taken with my Lytro Illum.

2. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

A quick google shows Amazon stock them

3. Wilwahabri

Wilwahabri Member

Actually they don't, they still list it but say they do not know when they will receive new stock. as do most other photo / consumer goods suppliers.

actually had a bit of luck on ebay, there was a guy on there with 8 brand new ones in the box, have ordered and hopefully they will take a charge. if not at least I have the shells to fit a new cell into.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Off-topic posts removed. This isn't the Lounge.

GeoffR and SqueamishOssifrage like this.
  5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Whether they will take a charge largely depends on how old they are but as you say replacement cells are likely to be available, good luck either way.