1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumix FZ1000...??

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by J H Foto, Dec 2, 2014.

1. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

Your views on this camera please....:)

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I'm not entirely sure what market Panasonic's after with this. On paper, it looks like a competitor to the company's own TZ60, providing a faster lens in exchange for an awful lot more bulk.

I'm a great fan of Panasonic kit and currently run a TZ7 and TZ40 plus a pair of G2s but this certainly wouldn't fit into my buying plans. It might sell to my wife, if she decided to upgrade from her FZ38...

[​IMG]

3. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

The point is, surely, that this camera has a 1" sensor (same size as on the Nikon 1 series) and 4K video, which should give better results than the standard compact sensor of 1/2.3" and HD video, hence the price.

4. J H Foto

Yes, the price is a little high so would have to be worth it, I am not sure..?

5. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

No, me neither; I think if I was going to spend that sort of money I would buy a DSLR and a 18-200mm Lens; I do not use video either.

6. J H Foto

Well I have bought one now, the best move I have made in a long time, wish I had done it sooner. It is a very capable camera with its 400mm Leica lens and 1 inch sensor the results are very good indeed.:)

7. davidavdavid

davidavdavid New Member

I own one as well. The FZ-1000 is an amazing bridge camera for both stills and video. On those wet, muddy sloppy days, it is the ONLY camera I bring with me. I do enjoy that it takes the same batteries as both my G6 and G5 bodies.