1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

lumix dmc lx5

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by pixelanna, Dec 28, 2013.

1. pixelanna

pixelanna New Member

I've just taken out my camera to discover that the rear dial which controls the aperture and shutter speed doesn't seem to be working any more. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know of a solution? When I press it the aperture does highlight, but it won't up or down on turning the dial. Can anyone suggest anything at all? Thanks.

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Is the Mode Dial set correctly so that the settings can be changed? Some modes like iA will not allow changes. A,S,M,P modes should...

3. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Is the LX5 like the LX2? Does it have a 'joystick' or 'toggle'? On the LX2 that is used to go hupp'n'dahn an' side ta side! :)

4. pixelanna

pixelanna New Member

Hi Chris, yes I have tried in all the settings which should allow changes but no joy. It's a dial on the back of the camera olybacker, more recent model than the joystick one I think.

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Try taking the battery out for 24 or more hours to clear memories...

6. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Forgot to say to go into the Setup Menu/ Reset and reset it back to Factory defaults as well. Make a note of your favourite settings first...