1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumix DMC-G5

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Jay007, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Jay007

Jay007 Well-Known Member

I have been increasing my lenses from the 14-42 which came with the camera, 45-150 to a 100-300. I was looking to get a even bigger lens but couldn't find a Panasonic one. I ended by buying an Opteka 420-800mm lens which is huge and although it doesn't work with the auto mode in the lumix it works in manual. Its recommended you use it on a tripod, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I go to air shows and wanted a lens that would help create some stunning photo's. If anyone has any advice on what they would recommend as to where you would go next after the 100-300, that would be great. Thks

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Jay007 likes this.
  3. Jay007

Jay007 Well-Known Member

Ahem, yes slightly out of my budget unfortunately, but very impressive, thank you for the link. I will have a look around I see people with the most enormous wide lenses when I'm at places taking photo's, I presume they have some sort of adapter. I have a lot to learn I think. Thanks again

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Sadly there does seem to be a poor choice of telephoto zooms beyond the Olympus/Panasonic options. It would be quite interesting to mount a Sigma 150-600 on an m4/3rds camera but sadly they don't do it in that system - strikes me they are missing a chance...

Jay007 likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

They'd be handy with the right adapter but you would need a second hand one as they're almost as expensive new

Jay007 likes this.