1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Lost in London

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Fireproof Creative, May 24, 2016.

1. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

So I usually shoot motorsport pretty much exclusively so no real idea what im doing when it comes to street. Took a couple of trips to London, Interested to hear what you think of my efforts and whether or not I should just stick to shooting cars where I belong :D

30 St Mary Axe
    [​IMG]30 St Mary Axe by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Ghosts of London
    [​IMG]Ghosts of London by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Tower Bridge
    [​IMG]Tower Bridge - An Alternate Perspective by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

The View from the Bottom
    [​IMG]London from the Ground by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

London's Spine
    [​IMG]London's Spine by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

The View from the Top
    [​IMG]London from the Shard by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, appreciate any feedback you can offer :)

2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

obviously well worth doing
    The 1st works especially well. and I have not seen this view before.
    the weather conditions might well have put many people off, but you have captured the atmosphere well in all these shots.

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

+1 from me.

Clouds a bit blown in "Ghosts" and "View", but otherwise they work well for me.

S

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I like these images, I would though describe them as Urban Landscape.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'm only viewing on my phone but number one is looking really good. Number three however is by far my favourite.

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Worth looking at for the first one alone but then you have to spoil us with yet more...:D

Beyond a few niggles about the blown highlights in View From The Bottom I'd be well happy if any of them were mine.

In the immortal words of the Fast Show - niiiicee.....:cool:

7. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

number three for me. nice

8. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

One and three get my vote. Excellent stuff!

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Sick as a parrot. I did a whole series of the gherkin reflected in all sorts of places and never saw that one. We'll done and for the new perspective on city hall and tower bridge.

10. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

You've certainly got an eye for a composition. Especially like the Gherkin.

11. miked

miked Well-Known Member

The kid done good, as they are wont to say these days. I like each and every one. Very well done.

12. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Not just fast cars you're good at, then. They all give me that WOW! feeling, and they're all quite different form each other, and mostly different from anything I've seen before.

13. Fireproof Creative

Beginners luck I'm sure :) many thanks for the feedback

Cheers, yeah all a new learning process for me using a 10 stop ND and intentioanlly pointing the camera at the sky :D

Great, thanks glad you like them

Really appreciate the kind words, thanks :)

Cheers mate

Thanks very much :)

Thanks Mike, I dunno I guess wandering around not knowing what you are doing has the occasional perk :)

Haha I don't know about that but thank you for saying so.

Haha thanks very much, really appreciate the positive feedback :)

Hmmmm I dunno, I'm sure there's a few architecture/street togs that would tear these apart - lol I've been told to stick to cars by a few people :D really appreciate the positive feedback though Alex, It means a lot that I can produce different images that resonate (even just a little) with people

14. mark 1

mark 1 Well-Known Member

so it not moving moving fast and you still make it look good. :) I have a shot almost identical to 2 on the bridge. and another like the tower bridge. I have seen other people do the same so those dont do much for me. I really like the last of your shots. it just says London to me. all nice stuff ;)

15. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Very nice set
    The first & last also the tower bridge looking down are very good IMO.

16. Fireproof Creative

Haha thanks.. my experience with this and exposure to other people's london shots is extremely limited so im not surprised I'm not treading any new ground (after all they are some of the most photographed landmarks in the world).. the only mimicking I did was with the St Pauls and shard shots, otherwise they are all completely new discoveries to me :)

Thanks mate much appreciated