1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Looking for arca swiss style clamp recommendation.

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by rd6743, Nov 20, 2018.

1. rd6743

rd6743 Well-Known Member

Just received, from Amazon, a L bracket and quick release clamp. Box it came in had the China address printed on it, was a £12ish purchase and whilst the l bracket seemed fine the quick release clamp was broke in two separate ways so I've sent it back for a refund.

Without spending large amounts of money is there a decent clamp that can go on my tripod head to accept a arca swiss style l bracket?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There has been past discussion about wrongly claimed arca swiss compatibility even from makes such as Manfrotto. For equipment that should last a lifetime it is probably best to buy original.

3. rd6743

rd6743 Well-Known Member

I'm aware of this, which is why I said arca swiss style and am looking for recommendation.

4. PeteRob

I don't understand "style". To fit it either meets the specification or not. I use Manfrotto, not Arca Swiss, so sorry no idea.

5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Try another one from Amazon. I have bought 3/4 cheap Chinese ones and all have been fine. The brands seem to come and go quickly so the ones I bought may no longer be available.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Arca Swiss is a brand name, so nobody else can say anything but "Arca Swiss style".

7. PeteRob

Of course, sorry about that, thanks you for the correction. I wasn't thinking of the copyright issue. I was thinking of compatibility, i.e. whether items in the style actually fitted when doing mix and match between suppliers. If I remember correctly, there was a thread a few months ago where someone found that items didn't actually fit together.