1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

logging in problems

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by velocette, May 17, 2020.

1. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

I'm having problems logging into the forum as each time I try recently whether on my laptop or desktop. Immediately I click on the site it brings up the add preferences screen and I have to go through them all before it lets me log in. Once I get to the log in it has my name and password saved and I click keep me logged it and am OK for that session. Once I log out I have to start from scratch again. This is only for AP as all my other forums are OK and my username and password is saved in both Edge and Chrome which both share the problem.
    How can I avoid this which has only happened in the last few months and inflicts both PC's. Suggestions please.
    Peter

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

This came up a few months ago. Bookmark the actual forum. The link from the AP main web-page is (was) broken and anything you fill in going in that way is immediately forgotten.

Edit: it was a security thing caused by a change in standard somewhere. The forum itself should show as a secure site (padlock).

3. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

It was me who was affected by this the other month. I had to ditch my old bookmark and Googled the forum and saved the "new" padlocked forum link as a new bookmark. Been fine ever since then.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Make sure you use https:// not http:// and don't follow the link from the main page.

5. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys that seems to have sorted it.
    Peter

DaveM399 and daft_biker like this.