1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lockdown haircut by Heather

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ascu75, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Heather, my long suffering wife today added hairdresser to the list of things she does for me! She is my main and only carer and looks after me 24/7 washing dressing and toileting me. I have to be hoisted in and out of bed by her on her own. Any nurses outside carers have to be in twos to use the hoist? So today she passed the hairdresser with a beard trimmer exam!!! And she even shaved the back of my neck! Not recommended for men with a weak constitution!:eek::oops: But the outcome is marvelous. I thought I should encourage others on here, standard's have to be maintained even when in lockdown. XXX Don

Nig, EightBitTony, Geren and 2 others like this.
  2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Should you fancy a different style....

FB_IMG_1587161873136.jpg

:)

John Farrell and neilt3 like this.
  3. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I'm currently on my way to a number 7 ...
    I normally have my hair cut 3 or 4 times a year wether it needs it or not .
    Had it done in December last year on my way to the polling station , whatever date that was .
    Reckoned on having it cut again in March , but the barbers had all shut by then .
    And seeing as where I work isn't open to the public at the moment , I can't be arsed having a shave !

By the time the country returns to normal I expect to be full on neanderthal !

daft_biker, ascu75 and John Farrell like this.
  4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

My son says wife just did his, but he won't send a pic. I had mine done 2 days before lockdown.

But I used to have a go at my kids when they were young, under the title of Michael of Bond Street.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

We’ve pretty much always had hair cut at home. Last time I paid for a haircut was 1975, to get wed, and it wasn’t any good. Will have to wait until lockdown to get one though as we are following an isolation routine in the household. We have a vulnerable adult so trying to be sure, if it does get into the house, we are practiced at staying apart. Haircutting is too close a proximity.

ascu75 likes this.
  6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've been doing most of our haircuts for the last four years or so. We don't look too awful!

ascu75 and EightBitTony like this.
  7. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

My wife does mine, and on the whole she does a good job, but it takes ages. I feel like I'm part of the chair by the time she's finished! Of course, I never utter a word.

ascu75 likes this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not paid for a haircut since 2003, seems little point when there's less and less each year to cut.

ascu75 likes this.
  9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Julie's hairdresser occasionally gives me a pamper session for free. Normally just buzz a no. 1 comb over what remains on my head and do my beard at the same time.

10. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Got some thinning scissors arriving today.

Mrs T likes a short haircut, so I can use buzzers but not used scissors before.

Decided to wait til leg isn't giving me so much pain, otherwise I'd have to split the cutting over a couple of days:p

ascu75 likes this.
  11. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

My wife runs the clippers with a no. 1 over the remains of what is left on my head.

The dogs are due for a trip to the groomers, who is shut. I had a look online for pet clippers (and human ones too) but most must be coming from China as the delivery dates are late May and into June. Might have to use the 'human' ones on the hounds and replace them when available. (clippers, not the dogs!).

12. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I haven't been to the barber for a good 30 years, saved a fortune. Let my hair grow to whatever length it wants to (Getting shorter as well as thinner), and tie it back.

ascu75 likes this.
  13. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

In my case it's only about 5-10 years. But I do shave my neck occasionally when it it gets too woolly...

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I do have clippers and my wife used to do a No2 on me until one point, just before my daughters got christened (as in the day before) she ran the clippers straight up the back having not put a guard on it, so I had a bald stripe. Had to go to the barbers wearing a hat and got him to fix it. All he could do was give me a 0 cut around the sides and back. I looked like a US Marine! I actually had a full(ish) head of hair back then. I haven't let her touch my hair since so used a barber, who did my ears and brows too and when I wanted did a beard trim.

Now in this apocalypse I let my daughter clip my hair to a 1. The barber either does a .5 or 1 on me. She did a good job. I have also clipped my beard right back to a 2 as I was beginning to look like David Bellamy.

ascu75 and John Farrell like this.
  15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Yikes, worse than golden showers!

Gezza, Terrywoodenpic, ascu75 and 7 others like this.
  16. Craig20264

That's a bit off topic isn't it!! :eek:

ascu75, Zou and dream_police like this.
  17. Craig20264

Zou beat me to it lol

ascu75 and Zou like this.
  18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Filthy minds, both of you. We are having a proper conversation here!;)

ascu75 and Craig20264 like this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Pffft.

ascu75 likes this.
  20. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

^
    LOL !

I usually have my hair cut about every 5 weeks, early on a Saturday morning when the barbers I use is generally quiet; not many head into town before 9an and few other places are open at 8am or 8.30am. This is now out of the question and my hair could do with a trim and tidy up.

How do you cut your own hair?

Catriona and ascu75 like this.