1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightroom to Blurb ... Query

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by EightBitTony, Jul 25, 2018.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

So, I've created a book in Lightroom (the book module really is terrible isn't it?) and uploaded it to Blurb. I've done that about 8 times now, over various weeks and months and even ordered one of the resulting books.

If you know the module, you know you pick the kind of Blurb book you want. Can you upload the same book in different formats (say, softcover and hardcover) by just changing that one option in Lightroom? Does Blurb recognise it as the same book in a different format automagically?

2. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the second paragraph of your post, but for the first paragraph, yes it is dreadful. The first book I did, I used Lightroom, but after an upgrade to LR, the book module took a monster slide downhill. A lot of facilities were lost. For my next book I downloaded the Blurb software BookWright, and found it much more powerful. It was a bit of a pain to use at first, but I found the best way to work was to process everything in LR and then dump the jpegs into a different folder for cropping and sizing on the actual page.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I can't remember. Blurb holds the final product, you can order more copies without uploading again so I'd expect you can republish with diferent settings. I've only done two (with LR 5, so a while ago) and I was quite happy with the results. What I found, same for Flickr collections, is that if you merge catalogues you lose all the publish collections. I started using LR with a new catalogue per year then I picked up the notion it was better to have all pictures in one place so I merged them all and then found myself without the "books" or Flickr albums.