1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light meters still going strong (for me)

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Stephen Rundle, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

SXH said to lower the image size so i have, thanks for the advice hope this is better, thank you for the advice.

I have in the past had a Flashmeret 4 and 5 and Vf from Minolta, but could never justify the cost so sold them again, yesterday I saw this in London Camera Exchange and at £49 inc postage, had to have it.

I love my Weston Euromaster which is deadly accurate but at this price mint just shows if you look there are bargains to be had.

IF you want a meter and I do. But I have no idea why these days they are still so expensive, they always heve been.

Dscn0693.jpg Dscn0694.jpg Dscn0695.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, I picked up a Metrawatt Metrastar in an auction lot. It appears to work fine with an alkaline cell.

IMG_4387.JPG

Stephen Rundle likes this.
  3. Stephen Rundle

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

To be honest, the only external exposure meter I ever used, up until I got an SLR with TTL metering, was a cheap Boots selenium cell (ie no batteries needed) one.
    I think it was a version of this, though I remember it being longer. If you see what I mean...
    s-l400.jpg

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My Euromaster cost me a fiver at a junk sale, and is very reliable. Ive also got a Pentax Spotmeter V, a Lunasix F with several attachments, a tiny Digisix, but the one I actually use most is a Sekonoc L308S, for it's flash metering capability. The others really o ly get used with film.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I use a Sekonic L-508 (if I remember to pick it up) when using a tilt/shift lens or shooting into the light with a long telephoto when birding. That saves messing around guessing exposure compensation. I traded a little Sekonic for it, which with hind-sight was a mistake, because I mostly use it for incident light not spot measurement.

7. Stephen Rundle

Doesn't that also spot meter

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The little one didn’t. I swapped it for the big one that does. I don’t use the facility so I should have stuck with the small one.

9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I have a Minolta AutoMeter IV F, it is a good meter but its main attraction is the flash metering capability.

10. Stephen Rundle

I had that meter, never use flash but if you do it is amazing