1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Letter from Darwen Summer, 8th August Issue.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Learning, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The title 'Free software' is not correct but no problem.
    The interesting (to me) software mentioned Photools Imatch is something I had not come across. This seems to be a DAM aimed at photographers but useable for all sorts of digital files.I wonder if any forum members or AP staff have any experience of it.
    The other software mentioned Affinity Photo is something that I already use in conjunction with Affinity Publisher.

2. davidh

davidh Well-Known Member

I am a very happy user of IMatch and have been for many years. It works well, does what I want it to do (and so much more that I don't use much of). It has extensive metadata management facilities, again, most of which I don't use...
    I have scans (jpg + tiffs), raw (cr2), and a variety of other jpgs (camera generated or cr2 processed), dxo sidecars and some camera mp4s managed within my database.

The trial version (databases created older than 30 days are read only) is fully featured - give it a go and see if it works for you.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I used IMatch for 2/3 years before I moved to LR. It is a very capable program and customisable but not intuitive (to me) and the interface was not great. I had an issue with raw files but cannot remember the details. Worth a try.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Thanks for the comments.