1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lens choices

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by EightBitTony, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I’ve been up as far as Wembley a few times
    :)

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

He could but... I suspect he won't. :cool:

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Perhaps not the most attractive stretch of our coastline, depends what you are looking for. The north Norfolk coast is not that much further away and for me would be a better choice. North Wales? Landscape choices would be closer.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You should try living here - we're only a few miles from the geographic centre of England.

Well I say "here", with some friends in Lisbon at the moment in reality so actually had a sip earlier. At 42° C, photography is very hard work...

EightBitTony likes this.
  5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Er and I explained why. What's your issue @Andrew Flannigan ?

6. EightBitTony

Yep but I've tried landscape away from the sea and it doesn't excite me. I love the coast, always have. Hoping I find it inspiring.

7. EightBitTony

Some fettling on an annoying web tool gives me this. Basically, two hours 30 in any direction.

upload_2018-8-3_22-10-11.png

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I have none and no idea why you think I have one. Let's just get on with enjoying ourselves.

9. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Talacre in North Wales is in your catchment area. Been done a million times, but still worth a visit.

10. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I know you said seascapes, but surely the Peak District is worth a bash with that shiny new lens ;)

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

If you find beaches down there inspiring you might want to take some sedatives if you ever get to the ones way up in Sutherland.

Probably closer to 2 days driving than 2 hours though :(

12. EightBitTony

I don't really know the area that well, and honestly, I love the ocean.

13. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

The Peak District is beautiful and has some lakes and reservoirs, but is it not the ocean. Some of the farming and similar shows may interest you for people shots.