1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Lens (and Flash) compatability

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Grierson, May 11, 2011.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Tim Coleman's piece in this weeks' AP muddies the waters around the often asked question of lens compatability. Under the above title he states that 'All Canon DSLR models include built-in lens motors'. I'm sure he didn't mean to say that unless for some reason, after all this time, I can't find the motor on my Canon DSLR body.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yeah, I noticed that, too, and also struggle to find an AF motor in any of my (numerous) EOS bodies. OTOH, all my EF lenses appear to have a motor... :)

3. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Sub-editor? ;):D

4. Tim Coleman

Tim Coleman AP Deputy Technical Editor

Grierson,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are right, this is an error in the article. Benchista you right say that it is all Canon EF and EF-S lenses that have a built-in motor, not the camera bodies. Neither body has a built-in motor, meaning therefore that the 1100D has better lens compatibility because not all Nikon AF lenses feature a built-in motor. There was the unfortunate scenario that I was off work at the time the article was being finalised to print. Had all the parties been in the office at that time, I'm sure the error would not have been made.

Tim