1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Leica Q-P

Discussion in 'Leica Camera Chat' started by Brian, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Just got one.The thing that strikes me is how wonderfully simple it is.

[​IMG]IMG_0717 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Hi Brian, I'm intrigued.
    How do you focus your new camera? I can't see any rangefinder windows, so is it manual, or some novel form of auto focus? I bet there's a lovely leather smell from the case, and strap!

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I just can't understand why anyone would buy a new Leica other than as a Veblen toy. I've owned various Leica film cameras and the M3, in particular, was a first class photo taking tool. The digital cameras though, seem to offer no advantages over the mirrorless cameras from other manufacturers. If Leica were to produce a digital copy of the M3, using the same shell and viewfinder system, I could even be willing to haul out the plastic...

Camera Leica M3 made with Canon Eos 650_11_07_014.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  4. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Looks beautiful, but is it better than your iPhone?

Catriona likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Malcolm it has extremely good auto focus. But the manual mode is quite spectacular. No fly by wire here.. The lens is truly amazing, mind you it is a Summilux.

Is it better than my iPhone11? No texts are very slow and it won't turn my central heating on. ;)

I just can't understand why anyone would buy a new Leica

And thankfully nobody has to try and explain it for you.

The leather case? Far better than Luigis finest.

[​IMG] by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

See? There is always something to be grateful for... :D

7. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Thanks, Brian - I like the image you posted. Very topical at the moment...