1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leica M8..serious design flaw?

Discussion in 'Leica Camera Chat' started by SteveEM, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Mark_Norton

Mark_Norton Well-Known Member

This, then, is the extent of the problem....

[​IMG]

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My poor old MiniTrekker REALLY looks like that!

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Ah - I take it that is, or rather should be, the usual Lowepro black? It's looking a distinctly unhealthy purple! :-(

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ah! On this (calibrated) monitor, I retract that. It previously looked a bit magenta - now it's purple - mine DOESN'T look like that! Good grief!

5. Mark_Norton

Mark_Norton Well-Known Member

Yes it's meant to be black... "they all do that, sir"

6. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

That's absurdly coloured. I'd get a better result from my mobile phone.

[​IMG]

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

The problem is not incorrectable, but of course it needs a proper fix from Leica.

I bashed this off quickly using PS Replace Colour command. Edit: replaced by a better version

[​IMG]

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I apologise for the flippancy - it's a serious business - but after reading through that LCU thread it occurred to me that, well, it is an up-market camera, after all - maybe you're just not meant to photograph people wearing cheap and nasty polyester suits! ;-)

And with that said, I am getting my (best natural fibre) coat. :)

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

For anyone who might be interested, I've just posted my own little version of this test using some Lowepro gear and other synthetic black stuff, with various Nikon DSLRs, over in the Nikon forum - here. I can't be sure that my Lowepro bags have exactly the same fabric as Mark's (there are clearly different IR responses to fabrics on the same bags in my shots) but it might be of interest even so.