1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Digital update

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by RonM, Feb 24, 2004.

1. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Colin,

This is one of the reasons that I also like Minolta is the 'retro fit' capabillity, however there are a couple of areas where this practice has changed, the new lenses available for Minolta SLR's i.e. the SSM will only function with the present series of Dynax cameras e.g. the Dynax 7 (the latest Pro Dynax 9 has to be 're-chiped' so to speak) and there is a problem with flashguns the Digital cameras will only work with the latest Flashguns i.e. 5600 HSD, 3600 HSD and 2500 D. these flashes will work on your 800Si but you won't get all the capabillity e.g. ADI pre flash etc.

<font color=blue>RonM CRIPN</font color=blue>
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

a camera so bloody complicated to use I bought Canon....

Is that actually possible............./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif Frightening thought........

Now how do I get out of here.................

Nigel IRIPN

I should be on Grumpy Old Men /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Latest Digital update....link to pics of camera

Received this link from our Minolta rep and hopefully it's something exciting or, at least, new;

http://www.vividlight.com/articles/3413.htm

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Re: Latest Digital update....link to pics of camera

What I want to know is, when are we going to see photos taken on the new DSLR body?

fen.

<iframe width="450" height="92" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/banner2.htm"></iframe>

5. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Probably close to Photokina Fen, when the official release is due and that KM will have provided working examples to the Photopress to 'test', hopefully AP will be near the front of the queue

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Let's hope eh RonM /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Getting itchy fingers waiting for it!

fen.

<iframe width="450" height="92" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/banner2.htm"></iframe>

7. whitbycolin

whitbycolin Well-Known Member

Hello Ron, with regards to the release of a DSLR from the Minolta camp. I wonder if it is going to be a wise move to purchasing one straight off? My reasoning behind this is the teething problems one might expect from a first edition SLR. I can recall all the complaints when Canon released a newer better version just a year later!

I know that it is inevitable that any digital camera released would not be around too long before it were superseded, but I don't want to fork out the money to be one of those with a model far below that newer model be it a year later. The spec of all electronics such be it digital cameras or computers is such that it will be superseded but I would like to think that with all the innovations in DSLR's already available Minolta should surely be able to bring out a model that can compare no compete with them.

Another strange thing is the release of the A2 with 8 mega pixels yet the Dynax7 is only expected to have 6 mega pixels?

I still look forward the release of the new DSLR but I will wait for true consumer reviews before backing Minolta.

Colin

8. Done_rundleCams

" when are we going to see photos taken on the new DSLR body?"

Morning Fen,

I don't really see what value that will be to anyone...
    Now if they were photo's taken "with" the camera/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif!!

Jack

It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

9. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Just don't tell the Mrs/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

10. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Yours or mine RonM? /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

I know I'd be sleeping in the shed again (laughs to himself)

fen.

11. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Your's Fen, my missus already knows I'll probably be getting one, even though I get the comments 'another camera, how many do you need' to which my response is well how many ponies does one woman need (she's got 2, and I helped her buy the 2nd).
    So how comfy is this Shed of yours/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

12. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Reasonably okay.

It's dry. Could probably do with some straw on the floor to act as beding, but I might be able to sneak my sleeping bag and stove!

fen.

13. Done_rundleCams

Latest Digital update......Will be officially announced

at PhotoKina this autumn and should be hitting the stores just in time
    for the Christmas rush/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif. Got this information from my Minolta
    rep today (May 6) but nothing concrete about £/$ as yet.

As always, any information gleaned will be post here first.

Jack

14. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Re: Latest Digital update......Will be officially announced

Wahooooooo

Yeahhhhhhh

Da da da DA DA da da DA DA

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry, got a little carried away there!

fen.

15. Done_rundleCams

Re: Latest Digital update......Will be officially announced

Morning Fen,

Thought that you might like that/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

Hi to Sali.

Jack

16. LiquidDye

LiquidDye Well-Known Member

17. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Re: Konica Minolta Dslr

Hiya,

that's from the press release on the 12th feb. nothing new since then *cries into beer* /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

fen.

<iframe width="450" height="92" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/bn2.htm"></iframe>

18. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Re: Konica Minolta Dslr

"nothing new since then" not strictly true Fen, there have been indications that the spec re mega pixies/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif will be that of the A2 i.e. 8 and not the original 6 there have also been other rumours that the D7D isn't going to be the only DSLR comming from KM.
    OK we've had to wait a hell of a long time to get a DSLR but the fact it's based on the Dynax 7 film camera will put it right up there with most of what Canon and Nikon have at present, but with AS/IS throughout the whole 'A' mount lens range and the fact that Michael Reichmann rates the A2 so highly should demonstrate that what we are soon to get will probably be worth the wait.

19. Done_rundleCams