1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop loss of contrast

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Dorset_Mike, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

The laptop in question is a Panasonic Toughbook CF52; is there any way the contrast can be improved, or is it a replace screen job? Assuming spares are available.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I've not seen a laptop screen fail but the LCD control panel on my printer faded toward white until it was quite impossible to read and the touch-what-you-can't-see became impossible. So I suspect a lack of contrast at limit of the controls is an indication that the screen is at the end of days, provided you haven't accidentally wound the brightness up. My guess would be cheaper to replace the computer than the screen but a small computer repair shop would tell you better.

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Looks like spares are available and instruction videos on youtube. Looks fairly fiddly though.....maybe ask a local mobile phone or computer repair place for a quote?

4. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

What operating system are you using?

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Replacing the screen isn't difficult but does require the right tools so, unless you have said tools, I'd go along with that.

6. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Win 7 Pro 64 bit, same as I have on my PCs, no hassles with updates, does all I need, "taint broke why fix it"
    Looking on line, replacement refurbs around £400-£500.
    Tthere appear to be 4 different screen types, varying in backlighting and resolution - most places show nil stocks