1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Landscape

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Geren, Feb 15, 2020.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Yes it is Alderley Edge. It is lovely. gets busy on a weekend though unless you know better areas. Ages ago, I posted some images when I went in a copper mine. That was up there. The Wizard hill is a long one. I did it on my E MTB yesterday. What a difference that makes. It took me no time at all to pedal up that. No stopping required. No way I would have done it otherwise, the lazy bugger that I am!

The Wizard pub closed it's doors last month which is a shame. My daughter had a part time job there for a couple of years.

Catriona likes this.
  2. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Would you post an unprocessed snapshot of a wooden shed in terrible light and call it architecture .

What you exclude is as important as what you include but also remember that a nice does not necessarily mean a good photo follows

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Sometimes you take landscape pictures purely as record shots and which evoke deep memories of a place.
    This on a small Island called Tanera Mor, part of the Summer Isles off Ullapool and where the last Wicker Man was shot. However, this was the home of my Matheson grandparents - well, part of their home. Quite a big family and busy too. Crofter fishermen was hard but rewarding work. My grandmother was one of those who hauled stotnes up the hill to build the school. She was gorgeous. Little and wiry and sharp as can be into her old age.
    ap landscape tanera matheson house.jpg
    Grandparents Matheson house (part) all that is left now on Tanera Mor, Summer Isles.

and this is Ben Mor, visible on my ferry trip out of Ullapool on my way home.
    ap landscape ben mor.jpg

Both old shots, but both still precious to me.

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Oh, I love that sort of thing, Catriona! Here's my lot's ancestral pad:
    upload_2020-3-9_19-42-41.jpeg

Lived in the cottage, worked in the Jute Palace behind. In a blow for equality, only one is still there today... and it's the wee one!

Nigel, have you ever bumped into Alan Garner up there? Probably still toting a Contax SLR...

Catriona likes this.
  5. Catriona

Wonderful!

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No I haven’t as far as I am aware. My wife has met him though.

7. Past Friday. My Landscape, walking towards a wetland IMG_20200309_202621.jpg

Dan S and RovingMike like this.
  8. this is Mantagua wetland landscape, the biggest here

Attached Files:

9. Catriona

Isolation venues
    ap isolation 2.jpg

isolation 3.jpg

ap isolation.jpg

and escape
    ap isolation 4.jpg

Zou and Dan S like this.
  10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Catriona likes this.
  11. RovingMike

Actually I realise it was a bad thing to go out even though deserted. If everyone did it, would be a problem. So not doing it again for the duration.

Catriona likes this.
  12. Catriona

I know. I'm really tempted to go to the castle grounds, but I'm not going to do it. My next door neighbour's son is adamant that I and his mum and the 90 year olds opposite will stay inside! I do want to go to the shop to see what fruit, if any, they have, but I'll have to ask him to look on my behalf. :(

13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Well, Blojob has now told us all to stay in...

Catriona likes this.
  14. RovingMike

Yep. So stay in we do.

15. Catriona

I thought we could go out for exercise. Or is that only if we have a dog or children?
    Well, I took a slight diversion to get an essential at a shop. Took some pics on the way. Met and passed by at a distance, one woman with two kids on bikes and a dog trotting along. That was it.

ap lying water at golf club surrounds.jpg

ap mallards pair.jpg

ap reflections of trees.jpg

Dan S and RovingMike like this.
  16. RovingMike

Yes we can go for a walk, doesn't say how far, or where, so our trek to Mogador is still OK, but at 4km each way, probably pushing it a bit?

Catriona likes this.