1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Landscape

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Geren, Feb 15, 2020.

1. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

We like it there. We have been holidaying there for must be 30 years. We intended to move there circa 2008 but circumstances caused that plan to be put aside and it is unlikely to happen now. As an alternative we have a static caravan just outside Tavistock - half way through our lease now though.

If there is anywhere you'd like a photograph(s) of let me know and I'll try to oblige if we get there this year. So far we have had a 1 day flying visit to clean it for the family to use.

ascu75 and EightBitTony like this.
  2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Move toWhitstable there is a spit of raised sea bed walkable at low tide called the”Street “ walk out on it you could do seascape point back to shore shoot landscape and be doing street photography all the time o_O:rolleyes: Just a thought x Don

Geren likes this.
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have family in Whitstable - perhaps I"ll get the chance to do just that one day!

ascu75 likes this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Just watch the tide - there's a dip part-way along that fills before the end does as the tide comes in, and the lifeboat regularly retrieves people who've been caught out by that. Fancy hearing about how I nearly blew myself up there?

Dan S and ascu75 like this.
  5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Yep of course I do. I have been caught out by the tide there and had to come home in wet trousers:rolleyes:

6. gray1720

Well, what happened was....

14th February 1992. Fed up with sharing my housemate's orgasms through the wall (there are only so many passive orgasms one person can handle), I went out with my metal detector for a wander at low tide (this was a bit of an expedition as I was actually in Hernia Bay, but you got a better class of junk off Whitstable). I can't remember what else I'd found, but as the tide came in I followed the edge of the water eastwards past Island Wall and as I passed the Old Neptune it picked up something BIG. Mr Excited here stuck his little folding shovel in, it hit something solid - and I went icy cold as I saw the milled steel surface it exposed half an inch down. I knew exactly what it was, there was one in a junk shop in Hernia Bay that I'd envied for ages.

It was a German bomb.

I'd just hit it with my spade.

I didn't sh*t myself, but it was a close run thing.

I carefully dug round it to make sure it was what I thought it was (it was), and staggered up the beach to the Nep to ring 999. Apparently I looked as though I'd just seen a ghost. That;s when it starte dgetting a bit farcical - the first Coastguard who came out had no wellies (!), and the second was relaying increasingly facetious questions from EOD to me - at one point he looked at his watch and said "You know what it is - 3 o'clock kick-off in a Saturday!".

Navy EOD came and blew it up the next day - I still have a couple of lumps of shrapnel from it.

7. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Wow, that's quite a find and story!

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

If anyone had asked me "Which member would be most likely to...", there could only be one answer.

S

MJB likes this.
  9. gray1720

Oi! I resemble that!

10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

... tell a story about a housemate's orgasms.

Then I agree, only one person!

MJB and steveandthedogs like this.
  11. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

At leat when the EOD blew it up the earth moved for you too.

MJB likes this.
  12. gray1720

I did get one big bang that day!

13. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member