1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landscape magazine

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by SXH, Sep 24, 2020.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I see that there is a new Kelsey magazine 'from the makers of Amateur Photographer' called Landscapes. Issue 1 is in WHSmith's at the moment.

Don't remember seeing any announcements about it - is it monthly, quarterly or what.

Or is the actual title the bit at the top - Improve Your Photography - and issue 2 will be Portraits, Street or whatever?

Anyone heard anything? Couldn't find anything on the main AP site, but that could just be me being rubbish at searching...

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Look 2 posts down!

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

What? Where?

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Chester’s post on 30th August.

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Eh, the "Email allegedly from AP - 'take your photography to the next level…'" thread?

ETA: Ah, I think I see what's going on here. My badly phrased OP led you believe that I had possibly had an e-mail about said magazine, whereas I actually saw it in Smith's and laid out damn near £8 on it, on the off-chance I may get an insight into one of my blind-spots.

If it is a scam, it's a damn good one - 100 pages, glossy paper, perfect bound. Even has a picture of Nigel A. in it!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, having had a quick leaf through it, it doesn't look like it will do much about my inability with landscape pics. Doubt I'll buy it often.

However, it does have a subscription offer (valid 'til the end of the year), on which page it states there will be 5 issues a year. Which seems an odd number* - 4 I can understand, and six. But 5?

* in more ways than one...

Geren likes this.
  7. N Atherton

N Atherton Member

I posted this on the other thread but for your convenience I'm repeating it here:
    The bookazines are basically collections of republished features from AP grouped by theme. We have just published a landscapes bookazine comprising selected features on landscape photography from the last three years of AP. I am currently working on the next one, on wildlife photography. if you subscribe to AP then you will have already seen this content so may not want to subscribe. On the other hand I do know that some readers cut out and keep features that interest them so they may like the idea of a glossy, perfect bound 100 page ad-free collection of features dedicated to just the one topic that interests them. Especially as it costs less than a tenner.

SXH likes this.
  8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Ah, so it is a different topic for each issues? I'll keep an eye out for the next issue then.

9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And I see that the current issue of AP is a 'Premium' issue, with a 32 page 'pull out and keep' supplement on lenses. Apparently the Premium issue is to be a monthly thing.

Kelsey seem to be putting some effort into expanding AP; and its readership? I hope they give Nige at least one new staff member - we don't want him collapsing from over-work. ;)

EightBitTony and RogerMac like this.