1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Lakeland (4 images approx 75k each)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Hotblack, Nov 12, 2007.

1. KitW

KitW Active Member

The 1st is good but I'm with Rau on this one, the 4th is the best IMO, great textures!!

2. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Once again, thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Thanks Gaz but the truth is that the clouds were moving so rapidly that things were changing constantly. It was more a case of just managing to catch something before it moved on, rather than hanging around waiting for ages. That first shot of the Fairfield Horseshoe was taken during a very brief moment when the clouds lifted and the light tracked across the valley in seconds. Very shortly after the clouds dropped again and I was unable to see anything further than an arms length.

I was lucky that the weather was very changeable the week that I was there. It makes for dramatic lighting. I tried to spend as much time as possibble up on the fell tops but I kept walking. It was too cold to hang around waiting in the wind for too long.

3. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

All brilliant.

I hate you. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Hotblack

:D :D

5. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Great Shots :) :)

6. RadoAds

RadoAds Well-Known Member

Love the 1st like everyone else, but the last has something for me, I dont know what it is though, just the feeling of the picture works very well, almost spiritual.

7. Hotblack

Thanks guys.

8. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

well must agree great shots, but will have to go with flow number 1 absolutely stunning

9. quiteone

quiteone Well-Known Member

your a lucky man David
    all i've ever got when i've been up there is soaking wet or frost bite.

Once again great pictures

Cheers
    Gaz

10. Hotblack

Definitely got soaked one day but frost bite wasn't a problem. Not getting blown off the fell top was a worry once or twice though :D :D How that first shot ended up sharp I have no idea.It was blowing a hoolie at the time.