1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kotaro the cat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dream_police, Nov 15, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I have posted photos of Kotaro, our Maine Coon, a few times on here, well I’m sad to say that he has been missing now for coming on 48 hours. I have checked the roadways and no sign of him, been to see neighbours so they can check garages and outbuildings etc but so far no joy. It is so unlike him too, he was such a lazy cat, other than in the summer when he’d go hunting and he hated the rain so I don’t believe he has just gone wandering off, although who really knows what his beat was.
    He is 2 and 1/2 years old and was a great cat with a fantastic personality. We will miss him. I don’t believe he’ll come back.

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's very sad to hear. :(

Fingers crossed you'll find him dragging home a deer or something else he epically tracked and killed.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh that's sad for you. Have you checked all the hiding places in the house and garden? I guess you have, but worth a try.

4. dream_police

Yes we have. We’d hear him if he was in the house. He’d be crying for food. He ate for England! We are surrounded by countryside so he could go for miles, so difficult to know where to go to look and call for him.

5. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

That's sad to hear Nige. Many years ago, one of our moggies disappeared and we thought that was the last we would see of him, but he returned after 9 days, a little underweight and with a damaged tail. He then carried on for several years after that ordeal. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

EightBitTony and Zou like this.
  6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Don't give up hope just yet. We had twins and the female went missing. 6 months later this strange slim cat came into the garden and it was only when she started licking her brother that we realised who she was. She was about 2 when she went awandering so it might just be the cat equivalent of teenage rebellion.

The wanderer returned...

Nikon F 1996-20_08 Kali close up.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  7. dream_police

Thanks both. I too have heard of them returning a good while later so yeah, fingers crossed.

EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Good luck Nige.

Bear in mind he may be having a meal and relax somewhere else - there are many more cat-owners than there are cats.

S

peterba likes this.
  9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Is he 'entire'? He might have gone to populate the world with MC x moggy.

10. dream_police

No, he’s had the chop. I doubt he has another home. If anyone he didn’t know came to our house, sometimes even people he did know but perhaps too many of them, he would take himself away upstairs and re appear until they’d gone. Not impossible I know, but I don’t think he’s the sort of cat to have another family. Shadow on the other hand, yes I think she could.

11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Is he microchipped? Might be worth ringing round the local vets to see if he's taken a knock and someone's bought him in.

Zou likes this.
  12. dream_police

He is, and he’s registered to this address and with my phone number, so I would assume that they’d contact us(if for no other reason that they’d want paying!)

13. Catriona

He hasn't sneaked off with an airbnb customer? In error? In a car?

14. dream_police

No. We have my sister and her husband in there. They haven’t seen him.

15. dream_police

My wife is putting it on the village Facebook and Instagram page too

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

I was going to suggest that, but I knew you said you didn't frequent FB, It works well here. Always cats and dogs going missing - and found later.
    Good luck.

dream_police likes this.
  17. dream_police

I don’t but my wife does. Turns out she can’t share to the page or even message them. It is info only and looks quite rubbish. We are going to print some posters and post them in the surrounding houses. The Cattery we use has digested to post on their FB page too.

Catriona likes this.
  18. Catriona

That's a shame. We have a local 'notice board' page which is well used and posted to. We also have other local pages, so most everything is covered for us.
    ?digested? Ha!

19. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

As a fellow cat slave please keep me posted and I really hope he shows up soon

20. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Hi Nige,

Put his cat litter tray outside along with some the things he would like to lay on when in the house.

Hope he turns up soon.