1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Konica Hexar AF

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by swanseadave, Jun 25, 2008.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Anyone know why one of these should be selling for £255+ on fleabay? see here
    Couldn`t link to fleabay listing.URL miles long.It`s also being sold as a rangefinder which from the pic shown it is not.I know they were hugely expensive new but it seems OTT for a fixed lens compact.
    I do have a Konica compact which is older which has a very good 2.8 lens.
    Dave :D :D

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Surely your link says it all? "Cult status" will surely command a high price.
    Sounds a bit like a Contax G2 but with a fixed 35 f2 lens.

3. swanseadave

I take your point Malcolm.There appear to be two bidders for it ATM.Could go for silly money.There was a later rangefinder version.
    Dave :D

4. swanseadave

Re: Konica Hexar AF--------- just spotted...

on fleabay in New Zealand:Konica Hexar RF wait for it..........£2232.71.No bids yet!!
    The world`s gone mad! Dave :D

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Perhaps with some (distorted?) English accents, "Hexar" rhymes with "Leica"!

6. swanseadave

:D :D :D :D :DLOL
    Dave

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

They're extremely highly thought of and sought after. The lens is fantastic, and they're capable of excellent results. And there aren't actually all that many of them out there.

As to "being sold as a rangefinder", well it's in the rangefinder listings, but I can't see anything in the listing that is misleading, and there's not really an appropriate category for it.

Nice camera.

8. swanseadave

Hi Nick. ;)From the research I did,the rangefinder version has RF on the front. illustration
    I want one!Quite a few on fleabay.com,all beyond my pocket :( Dave :D

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yup, and the RF one has interchangeable lenses, too, with more or less a Leica M bayonet. A very nice piece of kit. I´m sure Jack had the AF one before he went for his Pentax digitals.

10. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Konica Hexar AF.... Brilliant camera; so good I named....

.... a part of my email address after the "hexar" :

Hi Dave,

Nick is absolutely correct; I owned the Black (silent) Hexar for several years and it was my
    main camera for a few years as well and earned some decent dosh from the local dailies
    out here :eek: Although it did embarrass a few of my photog friends when they all
    had their 80-200/2.8's, etc... and it was, especially, embarrassing when my pics made the
    newspaper and theirs did not :eek: ............. :rolleyes:

So, I would say if you can pick one up in decent shape and "with the instruction manual'
    because, as simple as this camera can be, it also has some interesting little tricks :cool: As for
    a price, I would say somewhere in the £125 is as much as I go :)

Cheers and let me know if you go for one.

Jack

11. swanseadave

PM sent
    Dave ;)

12. Done_rundleCams

PM .. Are and Are'd :)

Jack

13. swanseadave

Jack,I`ve just noticed there`s a Hexar RF/50mm in AP this week.(Nicholas ad).Sadly they want £995 for it.Oh well,C`est la vie. :( ;) :D Maybe one day(Wishful thinking)
    Cheers Dave :D

14. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

The one with RF on the front is the interchangeable lens model. The original brought out in 1993 has a fixed lens. You won't get the RF model for £255!!

15. swanseadave

Roy, the one in the Nicholas ad is an Rf/50mm f2 @ £995.Where were you looking?
    Dave :)
    edit:sorry you were refering to my original post :eek: :eek: ;)

16. Done_rundleCams

Hi Dave,

I have had a play with Hexar RF along with some lenses and, truth be told, I would still
    much prefer the Hexar AF, albeit with a fixed 35/2 lens :)

Cheers,

Jack