1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Kodak folder serial numbers

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by steveandthedogs, Apr 2, 2016.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a list of serial numbers for the above?

Specifically a No 2 Autographic.

I can pin it down to between May '25 to Sept '26 from features, but although I can see the numbers on the camera, I can't find anywhere on the web that gives a complete list.

The reason I'm interested is that it was bought by the Old Man in ?1926, probably for a holiday to the Isle of Man. And it still works! Just.

S

2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

There a vast number of different kodak folders and each has dozens of variations.
    probably the nearest guide you will get is from the patent dates in the back. Kodak added dozens of patents every year and the last one in the back will probably be within a couple of years of the manufacturing date.

http://www.brownie-camera.com/83.shtml
    this may help

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hallo Terry, tell me about it! I've narrowed the date down to about an eighteen month window, the patents don't get anywhere near that.

I'd seen the site you mention, but was hoping to be able to put a more exact date on it.

Still, not bad I suppose, at a ninety-year distance.

S