1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiev 4M

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by steveandthedogs, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Thanks John, The scanner has a multi thingy. Looks like the file might end up about 100mb which I think is too big for Email. Might have to split it up. This 100mb is at 240 perhaps I could get away with less.

re Drop box. I have got as far as seeing on my sidebar and I can drag a folder into it.......then I'm lost.

PS Just tried scanning at 100 and reckon the whole book might get under the Email limit of 25mb.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    John Farrell likes this.
  2. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I have the original
    IMG.jpg

Phiggys and SXH like this.
  3. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

All scanned. It came out at 24.4 mb......and my Email ( Gmail) won't accept it.

But I have managed to load it into my drop box folder. If I right click it comes up wanting an address so..............

Told you I was An idiot.;(

Phiggys likes this.
  4. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You have a Mac and I'm guessing you have a scanner. Is the scanner an Epson? If so, get your pages in order, place the first one on the scanner and scan. You should then get the dialogue to save the scan. Select the option to scan to a file as a PDF. You should then be asked if you want to save the file or scan another page. Choose to scan another page and place the next page on the scanner. Repeat until all the pages are done and finally select save the file. You should then have a nice neat PDF ready to upload.

I'm pretty sure there's a variant of this procedure for any flat bed or sheet fed scanner.

6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Andrew thanks, yes it's the 4990 Photo Perfection. Scanned it all, pdf file 24.4 mb sitting in drop photo box. I then click on share link, a link appears but I don't seem to be able to copy it.

7. Andrew Flannigan

Have you uploaded the PDF to a web site?

8. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Now that would be pressing my luck;)

No, at the moment it's sitting in this drop box thingy. see my screen shot above.

Phiggys likes this.
  9. Andrew Flannigan

10. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Getting there then ! :)

It's a free Dropbox account I have , and sharing files is not a problem .
    I'm away from home at the moment so I'm just on my phone .
    I'd need to be on my pc to refresh my memory on how to share the files .
    If you follow this link , the instructions are just down the page on how to do it .
    I think you need to type the email address of the person your sharing it with in box when asked .
    https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/share-with-others

I set mine up ten or fifteen years ago , and the last time I added someone new to the shared files it was also a good while ago .
    It was easy to do though .

You can store up to three gigabyte on there free , so any files you want to save or share are practically unlimited , size wise .

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You did. :)
    It is indeed.

12. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Right, thanks Neil, think I have it.

So anyone who would like a copy send me your email address in the private thingy and fingers crossed ;)

Phiggys likes this.
  13. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Hi Nick, glad to see you are still around.. ;)

Phiggys and Benchista like this.
  14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Thanks Brian. And you. :)

15. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I tried opening the pdf on my phone ( android 10 ) but it says it is an unsupported file .
    I will try again when I get home on Monday and see if it will open on my windows pc .

Seems a bit odd .
    I've opened pdf files on my phone before no problems , but it has just updated .

16. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Let me know the result. I tested it by sending it to my wife's iPhone. No problem , after she had downloaded the app.

Phiggys likes this.
  17. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

This is what it shows

Pic removed - Mod

18. John Farrell

I have the file, thank you, Brian

19. John Farrell

I enjoyed reading that, Brian. Are you still collecting? I have an eclectic range of cameras in my collection, the commonest theme being SLRs with 42mm lens mount. I have one interchangeable lens rangefinder - an Agfa Ambi Silette.

20. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Brian , it should be fine .
    It might be an idea to delete that screenshot though as it has both our email addresses on it .
    I get enough spam as it is !
    Cheers .