1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Kew Autumn meet 2015

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by DaveS, Oct 17, 2015.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

A good time was had by all!

Photos will appear here in due course, but it may be tomorrow before I can work through mine.

2. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Here we go, the first five from me, in order

A wide angle close up using my 21mm Super Angulon of some geraniums in a pot outside the Palm House.

[​IMG]

Next, leaf patterns in the Palm House, slightly cropped for composition, after clearing the mist from the lens.

[​IMG]

A view across the Tree-Top Walkway with random bod to give scale.

[​IMG]

The lake was just starting to colour up nicely, give it another week or two and it should be spectacular.

[​IMG]

Finally, the Temple of Bellona with maple (?) by the Victoria Gate, just as we were leaving.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Remind me again how to post please?

4. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Hi Lesley!
    In the 2nd row above the 'box' you sent your message in, is what looks like a picture frame symbol; you click on that and insert the link from the image gallery you use - I use Photobucket for this purpose. - This function does not allow you to insert images directly from your PC!

This link, explains the whole process of posting images in detail!

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...W-TO-POST-IMAGES-amp-LINKS-Plus-Free-programs

5. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Here's a few from me.
    I'm afraid I haven't got the details of 'where' or 'what' as I was just happy pottering and shooting whatever tickled my fancy!!
    (Just to note I do know I was in Kew gardens!!...I mean 'where,' as in which bit of the gardens :D!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Hi Lesley. Upload to photobucket, copy the img link then past here.

7. LesleySM

What doesn't help is no Photobucket account - guess I'd better get one

8. LesleySM

Well looking at everyone else's I'm not sure anyone would want to see mine but here goes

For some reason I can't copy links! Had this a lot since I went to Windows 10

9. LesleySM

Nope clicked on the frame and it will allow a URL but for some reason I can't cut and paste them

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Goddamn win 10. Myself I won't touch it till the kinks are knocked out. Can you revert to 7?

11. LesleySM

If I'd had 7 to begin with I wouldn't have changed to 10 but I was stuck with 8 (and believe me I keep eyeing up my exp CD-ROM) and 8 was horrible

12. LesleySM

Has it worked?

13. LesleySM

Nope- now I can get the URL click okay and have sod all show up

14. LesleySM

Nope nothing.....eyeing up the exp CD even as we speak- never had any of this with exp but I don't think some other programmes will work with it. Even tried the new IE "Edge" even though my virus checker (brought the same time as a Windows 10 PC) doesn't support it and suggests I go back to IE!

Funny I put the photos in an FB album and normally they would then make multiple copies back on the folder but this time it worked perfectly

15. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Try using Firefox under Win 10.

Yesterday I tried to upload an image to a 3D printing forum I am on, using the new Microsoft wossisname browser and it wouldn't do a thing.
    switched across to Firefox and all went well

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Well, while waiting for Sam and Lesley to post, here's another one from me, the lake from the east side of the Sackler Crossing showing the variety of colour

[​IMG]

17. Footloose

Apologies for the delay, I got distracted by other things/people! So here goes:

I have admittedly carried out some editing on these, because the weather was inspiringly flat and overcast.

[​IMG]

Dave did say what these 'stumps' were called, (Hopefully, he'll remind me!)

[​IMG]

Didn't seem to discourage the birds and other people we saw there, but there weren't many other 'kitted out' photographers around though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside the the Palm House ... Don't think any of us ascended the circular staircase though.

[​IMG]

Hanging pitcher plants. Noticed there were also some tempting Chilli plants ... but located so people couldn't easily 'crop' them!

[​IMG]

Rather disappointed with this shot, too messy, and proves I really should be a lot more selective, instead of shoot on 'Impulse'!

[​IMG]

Sam.

18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I think they're called "knees", they're so the roots can breath while being submerged in water.

Like the heron BTW, I saw him but none of my lenses (Even the 180) had enough reach to get a good photo.

The Henry Moore statue reminds me of when they had a full exhibition of his sculpture around the gardens. I may still have a photo or two on file.

19. Footloose

For some reason I think the name is something like 'Strom...'

A friend of the family Donald Foxley, at one time had some abstract bronzes displayed in the gardens, but no idea where, and have just now, remembered that ... Duhhh!

20. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Ah, "Stromatolites" are layered structures of bacterial mats and sand, found in hypersaline lagoons in Australia, and in 2 billion year old rocks :).

These are "Cypress Knees" put up by the Swamp Cypress, Taxodium distichum, so its roots can breathe.

I think :):eek: