1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K30

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by cgproudfoot, May 29, 2012.

1. JerryNash

JerryNash Well-Known Member

Good to know Tim, look forward to the review.

I suspect the usual 'failing' will be the autofocus, which Pentax always gets pulled up on, but it would be interesting to see if this has noticeably improved from the K5.

I have also read on (less reputable) websites that reviewers thought the grip wasn't as comfortable as they imagined it would be. Will you be mentioning that at all?

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Tim,

So far, you have written the scariest thing about the K30 I've read -- "The design
    is quirky too, the Hoya/Ricoh [I think you meant Pentax/Ricoh;)]designers have been
    let off the leash a little! -- Scary, to me, in that I thought the quirkiness started/ended with the K-01 :D.

To those of you thinking of bumping from you IST*D/Ds/Ds2/Dl/Dl2/K100/K100Super/K200D/K10D/K20D/K-7, etc.... but still don't want to play the K-5 buckaroos's/dosh/etc .... this would be the camera to purchase: same sensor (capacity) as the K-5, albeit with newer guts, same weatherproofing (maybe better?), Lithium-Ion battery and charger and with AA battery capability and the
    BIG BONUS there is it runs on 4AA's :) and not the stupid, idiotic 6 AA as the K-5
    required:(.

Cheers,

Jack

3. Done_rundleCams

Re: K30 ... Another Cool Feature .... D@mnit ... ;)

is:

So, that's two(2) things I've never had (100% VF and the T/AV) ... can I resist? :p

Cheers,

Jack

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I think Tim means the design might have been started by Hoya then finished by Ricoh team.

Thus suggesting we have not seen yet a clean fresh design from the new company structure.

I think I am correct in that Pentax is the only maker to have two CSCs (different sensors) designs in the market place.

The K-01 and the Q. Alot of rest have non-EVF and EVF but same sensor size.

5. Done_rundleCams

Re: K30 --- Godd@mit ....

Finally had a fiddle with the K-30 and wouldn't
    ya know it ... I love that 100% VF and the the T/AV
    mode :eek: :(
    So now, it's just a matter of when?

Cheers,

Jack

6. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

The thing that impressed me most when I had a play with a K30 was the focus peaking. Not too sure about the styling, but I guess I could learn to live with it.

7. Done_rundleCams

Focus peaking .... ooh, something new. Thanks Alex :)

Cheers,

Jack