1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

K10D delayed???

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by cgproudfoot, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Hi

I didn't mean the lens is soft - just the portrait, with the aperture wide open with really diffused lighting. Sorry, it didn't really come out right in the caption I guess. It didn't help that the picture got used really small either.

Still waiting for that K10D. Pentax says the shipment has left Japan! I'll let you know when it gets here.

Damien

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Has anyone elso got a 70-210 f4 one touch zoom, you know, the one that you push pull to zoom and rotate to focus. Its manual focus, but on my Z1-P it operates the green 'in focus' light. It is also as sharp as a knife. Great for throwing the background out of focus in portraits taken from some distance away. I hope it works as well on the K10D!

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Evening David,

I don't have one but you should be able to pick one for a good price because a lot of people don't like them due the "slippery zoon" even though they are quite a sharp lens. They will perfectly with the K10D and any of the Pentax DSLR's due to the fact it is an A-series lens. So the only thing you won't get is AF.

Cheers,

Jack

4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Thanks Jack. Actually. I have one I bought new some years ago. I have seen them around for reasonable money. You are right about the slippery zoom if you are holding the camera pointing up or down, but it is not too bad. If anyone else is considering buying one, it gives very good results.

David.

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning David,

No problemo and hope you have fun when you get your K10D :) I know, I have 5 customers who
    are chomping at the bit for there K10D's ...which are still (supposedly/allegedly) arriving sometime
    this month :rolleyes:. And, of course, two(2) of the customers --friends actually-- went to another
    shop who was holding a Digital Day and got to play with a (demo) K10D and are now even more
    enamoured with the camera and, of course, I had to work :( .

Cheers,

Jack