1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

K10D delayed???

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by cgproudfoot, Nov 2, 2006.

1. cgproudfoot

cgproudfoot Well-Known Member

Just placed my deposit with SRS cameras. But they tell me that it is delayed until December.

2. meirion

meirion Well-Known Member

I noticed the same at srs. They deal direct through pentax uk they say. I've ordered mine from pixmania who are still quoting nov 6 for receiving stock. Aren't pixmania french? Perhaps france are getting them before uk or perhaps pixmania are giving it a bit of BS and not telling the whole truth. It better not be december 'cos I'm already like a kid at christmas waiting for it!!!!!!!!

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning Chris,

Maybe it's just my cynicism but I never thought the K10D would arrive at the "late October - ea --rly November" timeframe stated by Pentax -- which I have stated to my customers :eek: -- although
    for the sake of my customer's (and Pentax users everywhere) I hope the camera does arrive sooner rather than later :).

Cheers,

Jack

4. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Hi all

We've been told late November - which translates as early December. I would think all European countries will get their consignment at the same time, so there's no reason to suppose Pixmania will get theirs before the UK. They will get French instruction manuals before the UK though - and so will you Meirion!

I'm really looking forward to testing it. I love K mount stuff.

Damien

5. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

I'm pretty certain I saw it in the window of Photo Optix in Hitchin this morning (unless it was another Pentax - I wasn't looking too closely).

6. cgproudfoot

My wife will wrap mine up until Christmas anyhow Including the 12-24.

7. Done_rundleCams

Morning Tim,

It was probably a K100D :rolleyes:.

Cheers,

Jack

8. Done_rundleCams

Morning Chris,

What a yummmy combo :)

Cheers,

Jack

9. sirmy

sirmy Well-Known Member

HAs anybody seen an indepth review yet?

10. cgproudfoot

Was going to get the 12-24 anyhow so seems a good opportunity with camera. Just sorry I need to wait until December 25th :) :)

11. meirion

oohlala a French manual eh!!! I got CSE grade 2 French so my pics should be interesting ;) Hopefully if it comes with a French manual the English version will be downloadable from Pentax :D

12. meirion

Pixmania have now ammended their delivery to 20th Nov. Christmas it is then!!!!!!!!!!!

13. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

Whenever it is, ours are ordered, and we're looking forward to receiving them. It looks like a winner and I've every confidence that Pentax will have got it just right.

14. meirion

I'm probably going to burst before the camera arrives. As a new boy to digital I've bought my printer, paper, memory cards, tripod, and have been playing with downloaded images in paintshop. I just can't wait for the camera to arrive now!!! Come on Pentax get'um made, can't you see I'm a desperate man.

15. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you like K mount stuff, Damien, don't forget to check out www.pentaxuser.co.uk !
    I am a little puzzled by your comment in your latest AP article though. You cite the SMC Pentax 135mm f3.5 lens, or seem to, as an example of an old lens that gives "soft" portraits. My experience of this lens and of the M series in general is that they are pretty crisp. The 120mm is softer wide open, but that is intended for portraiture.
    Then the picture shown as an example, admittedly printed very small, doesn't seem to bear out the comments.
    Any thoughts on that?

16. sirmy

sirmy Well-Known Member

I've used a 135 f3.5 with extension tubes on an *istds and was surprised at the amount of detail it could capture. Maybe there's a lot of variability in the qualityof these older lens

17. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Just got to get the right old lens....

[​IMG] (ClickPic)

135mm four element Nikkor-Q (pre '70's I think) on a Canon 20D with 20mm of extension tube. I'm sure a decent Pentax 135 ought to be as good on any Pentax digibox....

18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've always considered the M 135 f3.5 to be pretty soft wide open, and indeed I'm pretty sure the reviews at the time said that - whereas the f2.8 was as sharp as a sharp thing. I like the lens - fantastically compact, sharp enough stopped down and softish wide open - a good combination for me. In absolute sharpness terms, it's probably the least good 135mm lens I own, but then the rest are mostly various flavours of Zeiss, and also my Canon - but the collection of qualities this lens possesses means that it remains a favourite (my absolute favourite 135mm is the f3.5 Carl Zeiss Jena S).

19. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Afternoon Jack (or maybe morning in Canada!). Yeah, it was. ;)

20. meirion

I've used the takumar 135mm f2.5 for many years now and find it sharp enough to cut your fingers on if you're not careful!!!!! Never used the f3.5 version so couldn't comment on the relative qualities.